Re: Arrested for 17 year-old murder???

  • Betsy Richard
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 9, 2007
      I have just recently moved back to the J-town area and have not had
      the time to stop into the store to say hi. I regret not having
      visited now more than ever. During the time I lived here previously,
      and after I moved to Chambersburg where they had a store for a few
      years, I saw Mike on an almost daily basis. I always considered Mike
      a good friend and I was totally shocked when I heard this news on the
      radio this week. My prayers are certainly with Mike and Renee and
      the kids, and I hope someone is able to relay our love and concern to
      them. I know it has been a long while since I spoke with them, but
      they were never far from my thoughts.

      In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Chaz" <chaz_i_am@...> wrote:

      > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, R Howard <thezeppo1138@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I could not have said this better.
      > >
      > > I was shocked and sickened when I read this news yesterday, but
      I'm sure my reaction
      > pales in comparison to what Renee and their seven children are
      going through, particularly
      > his two daughters to his first wife. Regardless of the outcome of
      this case, our thoughts
      > and prayers should certainly be with all of them.
      > >
      > > I have been a customer, and more importantly a friend of Mike's
      and Renee's since they
      > opened their Windber store in 1993. I've vacationed with them,
      babysat their children and
      > for the last 12 years helped them run the Pittsburgh Comicon. In
      all that time, there is not
      > a single incident, comment or experience I could point to that
      would make me suspect
      > Mike was capable of something like this. In my experience he has
      been a loving family
      > man, an upstanding and involved member of the community, and a good
      friend.

      > > I'm obviously very curious what evidence and/or testimony has
      come to light to cause
      > the police to move on this after 17 years, but I certainly hope it
      is all a mistake. Unless he
      > would confess to the crime, or is proven guilty in a court of law,
      I choose to believe Mike is
      > innocent, but I do hope Barbara's killer is eventually brought to
      justice.

      > > No, I don't know what this holds for the future of the
      convention, and I don't think any
      > of us will for quite a while. Obviously this will be very damaging
      to Mike's reputation even
      > if he is eventually aquitted. I hope it's not the end of the
      Comicon, but it's difficult to
      > imagine Renee running the show by herself, even with the support of
      the staff. Let's all
      > think positive thoughts and hope for the best.
      > >
      > > ---------------------------------
      > > Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your
      pocket: mail, news, photos &
      > more.
      > >
      > I only got to talk to the Georges here and there, but they were
      always very nice people. I
      > think this is shocking for us all. We love this con (I've gone to
      everyone with my buddy
      > Dave, it's a ritual for us), and it was well known how much the
      Georges loved doing it for
      > us. I hope we can get updates on the events to come. And I agree,
      until proven guilty, Mike
      > is innocent. And that the killer is brought to justice. If you
      pray, prayers for Renee and the
      > children can't hurt. I hope someone will let them know that we all
      are thinking of them.

    • dugger_rockz
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 9, 2007
        has any new word been out yet?

        > i agree 100%

        VSTY&pageId= 3.2.1

        > <!--

        sans-serif;}
        clean, sans-serif;}
        > #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
        > #ygrp-text{
        > font-family:Georgia;
        > }
        > #ygrp-text p{
        > margin:0 0 1em 0;}
        > #ygrp-tpmsgs{
        > font-family:Arial;
        > clear:both;}
        > #ygrp-vitnav{
        > #ygrp-vitnav a{
        > padding:0 1px;}
        > #ygrp-actbar{
        > clear:both;margin:25px
        > #ygrp-actbar .left{
        > float:left;white-space:nowrap;}
        > .bld{font-weight:bold;}
        > #ygrp-grft{
        > #ygrp-ft{
        > padding:5px 0;
        > }
        > #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
        > padding-bottom:10px;}
        >
        > #ygrp-vital{
        > #ygrp-vital #vithd{

        > #ygrp-vital ul{
        > padding:0;margin:2px 0;}
        > #ygrp-vital ul li{
        > }
        > #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{

        > #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
        > font-weight:bold;}
        > #ygrp-vital a {
        > text-decoration:none;}
        >
        > #ygrp-vital a:hover{
        > text-decoration:underline;}
        >
        > #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
        > color:#999;font-size:77%;}
        > #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
        > #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
        > padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}
        > #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
        > #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
        > text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}
        > #ygrp-sponsor #nc {
        > #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
        > padding:8px 0;}
        > #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{

        > #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
        > text-decoration:none;}
        > #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
        > text-decoration:underline;}
        > #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
        > margin:0;}
        > o {font-size:0;}
        > .MsoNormal {
        > margin:0 0 0 0;}
        > #ygrp-text tt{
        > font-size:120%;}
        > blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
        > .replbq {margin:4;}
        > -->

        user panel and lay it on us.

      • Chaz
        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 9, 2007
          --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "dugger_rockz" <dugger_rockz@...> wrote:

          > has any new word been out yet?

          I found these (the first is a report from the date of the original crime):

          ttp://www.cbgxtra.com/Default.aspx?tabid=42&view=topic&forumid=17&postid=32116

          http://www.tribune-democrat.com/local/local_story_219234819.html

          http://www.dailyamerican.com/articles/2007/08/07/top/headlines/01_news874.txt

          http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=11511