Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [pittscomicon] Re: Arrested for 17 year-old murder???

Expand Messages
  • DUGGER
    i agree 100% ... From: norvandell To: pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com Sent: Wednesday, August 8, 2007 12:45:58 AM Subject: [pittscomicon]
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 8, 2007
    • 0 Attachment

      i agree 100%


      ----- Original Message ----
      From: norvandell <BIG_BOOTE@...>
      To: pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, August 8, 2007 12:45:58 AM
      Subject: [pittscomicon] Re: Arrested for 17 year-old murder???

      I've been sick to my tummy all day. Whats shocking for me, is just
      last Wednesday, I was talking to Mike at the store while trading old
      comics and discussing the downfall of another dealer from Altoona.

      I have been a guest at the con since the second year and have gotten
      closer to the family over the years and just can not believe that this
      has happened. Its not for them to discuss their past and why they
      moved to Windbur. I really don't need to know. What I do know is that
      for the last 15 years they have been good people and friendly to me
      and they have my full support.

      But its hard to imagine what Mike is going through right now. I saw
      his mug shot on tv tonight, and I saw the look of utter devistation in
      his face. It hurts to see that look in someone.

      They have done right by me and all of us for that matter. I hope in
      some way that the con will still go on, and if it does, I will be at
      my booth. So please do me a favor and don't pass any judgement. Keep
      any negative comments to yourselves. If you can't, then stay out of
      the group.

      --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, "qrychepgh" <qrychepgh@. ..> wrote:
      >
      > Michael George arrested for murder???
      >
      > http://www.myfoxdet roit.com/ myfox/pages/ News/Detail?
      > contentId=3992170& version=1& locale=EN- US&layoutCode= VSTY&pageId= 3.2.1
      >




      Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's Comedy with an Edge to see what's on, when.
    • R Howard
      I could not have said this better. I was shocked and sickened when I read this news yesterday, but I m sure my reaction pales in comparison to what Renee and
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 8, 2007
      • 0 Attachment
        I could not have said this better. 
         
        I was shocked and sickened when I read this news yesterday, but I'm sure my reaction pales in comparison to what Renee and their seven children are going through, particularly his two daughters to his first wife.  Regardless of the outcome of this case, our thoughts and prayers should certainly be with all of them.
         
        I have been a customer, and more importantly a friend of Mike's and Renee's since they opened their Windber store in 1993.  I've vacationed with them, babysat their children and for the last 12 years helped them run the Pittsburgh Comicon.  In all that time, there is not a single incident, comment or experience I could point to that would make me suspect Mike was capable of something like this.  In my experience he has been a loving family man, an upstanding and involved member of the community, and a good friend. 
         
        I'm obviously very curious what evidence and/or testimony has come to light to cause the police to move on this after 17 years, but I certainly hope it is all a mistake.  Unless he would confess to the crime, or is proven guilty in a court of law, I choose to believe Mike is innocent, but I do hope Barbara's killer is eventually brought to justice.
         
        No, I don't know what this holds for the future of the convention, and I don't think any of us will for quite a while.  Obviously this will be very damaging to Mike's reputation even if he is eventually aquitted.  I hope it's not the end of the Comicon, but it's difficult to imagine Renee running the show by herself, even with the support of the staff.  Let's all think positive thoughts and hope for the best.

        norvandell <BIG_BOOTE@...> wrote:
        I've been sick to my tummy all day. Whats shocking for me, is just
        last Wednesday, I was talking to Mike at the store while trading old
        comics and discussing the downfall of another dealer from Altoona.

        I have been a guest at the con since the second year and have gotten
        closer to the family over the years and just can not believe that this
        has happened. Its not for them to discuss their past and why they
        moved to Windbur. I really don't need to know. What I do know is that
        for the last 15 years they have been good people and friendly to me
        and they have my full support.

        But its hard to imagine what Mike is going through right now. I saw
        his mug shot on tv tonight, and I saw the look of utter devistation in
        his face. It hurts to see that look in someone.

        They have done right by me and all of us for that matter. I hope in
        some way that the con will still go on, and if it does, I will be at
        my booth. So please do me a favor and don't pass any judgement. Keep
        any negative comments to yourselves. If you can't, then stay out of
        the group.

        --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, "qrychepgh" <qrychepgh@. ..> wrote:
        >
        > Michael George arrested for murder???
        >
        > http://www.myfoxdet roit.com/ myfox/pages/ News/Detail?
        > contentId=3992170& version=1& locale=EN- US&layoutCode= VSTY&pageId= 3.2.1
        >



        Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos & more.

      • Chaz
        ... pales in comparison to what Renee and their seven children are going through, particularly his two daughters to his first wife. Regardless of the outcome
        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 8, 2007
        • 0 Attachment
          --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, R Howard <thezeppo1138@...> wrote:
          >
          > I could not have said this better.
          >
          > I was shocked and sickened when I read this news yesterday, but I'm sure my reaction
          pales in comparison to what Renee and their seven children are going through, particularly
          his two daughters to his first wife. Regardless of the outcome of this case, our thoughts
          and prayers should certainly be with all of them.
          >
          > I have been a customer, and more importantly a friend of Mike's and Renee's since they
          opened their Windber store in 1993. I've vacationed with them, babysat their children and
          for the last 12 years helped them run the Pittsburgh Comicon. In all that time, there is not
          a single incident, comment or experience I could point to that would make me suspect
          Mike was capable of something like this. In my experience he has been a loving family
          man, an upstanding and involved member of the community, and a good friend.
          >
          > I'm obviously very curious what evidence and/or testimony has come to light to cause
          the police to move on this after 17 years, but I certainly hope it is all a mistake. Unless he
          would confess to the crime, or is proven guilty in a court of law, I choose to believe Mike is
          innocent, but I do hope Barbara's killer is eventually brought to justice.
          >
          > No, I don't know what this holds for the future of the convention, and I don't think any
          of us will for quite a while. Obviously this will be very damaging to Mike's reputation even
          if he is eventually aquitted. I hope it's not the end of the Comicon, but it's difficult to
          imagine Renee running the show by herself, even with the support of the staff. Let's all
          think positive thoughts and hope for the best.
          >
          > ---------------------------------
          > Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos &
          more.
          >
          I only got to talk to the Georges here and there, but they were always very nice people. I
          think this is shocking for us all. We love this con (I've gone to everyone with my buddy
          Dave, it's a ritual for us), and it was well known how much the Georges loved doing it for
          us. I hope we can get updates on the events to come. And I agree, until proven guilty, Mike
          is innocent. And that the killer is brought to justice. If you pray, prayers for Renee and the
          children can't hurt. I hope someone will let them know that we all are thinking of them.
        • Betsy Richard
          I have just recently moved back to the J-town area and have not had the time to stop into the store to say hi. I regret not having visited now more than ever.
          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 9, 2007
          • 0 Attachment
            I have just recently moved back to the J-town area and have not had
            the time to stop into the store to say hi. I regret not having
            visited now more than ever. During the time I lived here previously,
            and after I moved to Chambersburg where they had a store for a few
            years, I saw Mike on an almost daily basis. I always considered Mike
            a good friend and I was totally shocked when I heard this news on the
            radio this week. My prayers are certainly with Mike and Renee and
            the kids, and I hope someone is able to relay our love and concern to
            them. I know it has been a long while since I spoke with them, but
            they were never far from my thoughts.


            In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Chaz" <chaz_i_am@...> wrote:
            >
            > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, R Howard <thezeppo1138@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I could not have said this better.
            > >
            > > I was shocked and sickened when I read this news yesterday, but
            I'm sure my reaction
            > pales in comparison to what Renee and their seven children are
            going through, particularly
            > his two daughters to his first wife. Regardless of the outcome of
            this case, our thoughts
            > and prayers should certainly be with all of them.
            > >
            > > I have been a customer, and more importantly a friend of Mike's
            and Renee's since they
            > opened their Windber store in 1993. I've vacationed with them,
            babysat their children and
            > for the last 12 years helped them run the Pittsburgh Comicon. In
            all that time, there is not
            > a single incident, comment or experience I could point to that
            would make me suspect
            > Mike was capable of something like this. In my experience he has
            been a loving family
            > man, an upstanding and involved member of the community, and a good
            friend.
            > >
            > > I'm obviously very curious what evidence and/or testimony has
            come to light to cause
            > the police to move on this after 17 years, but I certainly hope it
            is all a mistake. Unless he
            > would confess to the crime, or is proven guilty in a court of law,
            I choose to believe Mike is
            > innocent, but I do hope Barbara's killer is eventually brought to
            justice.
            > >
            > > No, I don't know what this holds for the future of the
            convention, and I don't think any
            > of us will for quite a while. Obviously this will be very damaging
            to Mike's reputation even
            > if he is eventually aquitted. I hope it's not the end of the
            Comicon, but it's difficult to
            > imagine Renee running the show by herself, even with the support of
            the staff. Let's all
            > think positive thoughts and hope for the best.
            > >
            > > ---------------------------------
            > > Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your
            pocket: mail, news, photos &
            > more.
            > >
            > I only got to talk to the Georges here and there, but they were
            always very nice people. I
            > think this is shocking for us all. We love this con (I've gone to
            everyone with my buddy
            > Dave, it's a ritual for us), and it was well known how much the
            Georges loved doing it for
            > us. I hope we can get updates on the events to come. And I agree,
            until proven guilty, Mike
            > is innocent. And that the killer is brought to justice. If you
            pray, prayers for Renee and the
            > children can't hurt. I hope someone will let them know that we all
            are thinking of them.
            >
          • dugger_rockz
            has any new word been out yet? ... me, is just ... VSTY&pageId= 3.2.1 ... sans-serif;} ... clean, sans-serif;} ...
            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 9, 2007
            • 0 Attachment
              has any new word been out yet?



              --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, DUGGER <dugger_rockz@...> wrote:
              >
              >
              > i agree 100%
              >
              > ----- Original Message ----
              > From: norvandell <BIG_BOOTE@...>
              > To: pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com
              > Sent: Wednesday, August 8, 2007 12:45:58 AM
              > Subject: [pittscomicon] Re: Arrested for 17 year-old murder???
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >
              > I've been sick to my tummy all day. Whats shocking for
              me, is just
              >
              > last Wednesday, I was talking to Mike at the store while trading old
              >
              > comics and discussing the downfall of another dealer from Altoona.
              >
              >
              >
              > I have been a guest at the con since the second year and have gotten
              >
              > closer to the family over the years and just can not believe that this
              >
              > has happened. Its not for them to discuss their past and why they
              >
              > moved to Windbur. I really don't need to know. What I do know is that
              >
              > for the last 15 years they have been good people and friendly to me
              >
              > and they have my full support.
              >
              >
              >
              > But its hard to imagine what Mike is going through right now. I saw
              >
              > his mug shot on tv tonight, and I saw the look of utter devistation in
              >
              > his face. It hurts to see that look in someone.
              >
              >
              >
              > They have done right by me and all of us for that matter. I hope in
              >
              > some way that the con will still go on, and if it does, I will be at
              >
              > my booth. So please do me a favor and don't pass any judgement. Keep
              >
              > any negative comments to yourselves. If you can't, then stay out of
              >
              > the group.
              >
              >
              >
              > --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, "qrychepgh" <qrychepgh@ ..>
              wrote:
              >
              > >
              >
              > > Michael George arrested for murder???
              >
              > >
              >
              > > http://www.myfoxdet roit.com/ myfox/pages/ News/Detail?
              >
              > > contentId=3992170& version=1& locale=EN- US&layoutCode=
              VSTY&pageId= 3.2.1
              >
              > >
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >
              > <!--
              >
              > #ygrp-mlmsg {font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean,
              sans-serif;}
              > #ygrp-mlmsg table {font-size:inherit;font:100%;}
              > #ygrp-mlmsg select, input, textarea {font:99% arial, helvetica,
              clean, sans-serif;}
              > #ygrp-mlmsg pre, code {font:115% monospace;}
              > #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
              > #ygrp-text{
              > font-family:Georgia;
              > }
              > #ygrp-text p{
              > margin:0 0 1em 0;}
              > #ygrp-tpmsgs{
              > font-family:Arial;
              > clear:both;}
              > #ygrp-vitnav{
              > padding-top:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-size:77%;margin:0;}
              > #ygrp-vitnav a{
              > padding:0 1px;}
              > #ygrp-actbar{
              > clear:both;margin:25px
              0;white-space:nowrap;color:#666;text-align:right;}
              > #ygrp-actbar .left{
              > float:left;white-space:nowrap;}
              > .bld{font-weight:bold;}
              > #ygrp-grft{
              > font-family:Verdana;font-size:77%;padding:15px 0;}
              > #ygrp-ft{
              > font-family:verdana;font-size:77%;border-top:1px solid #666;
              > padding:5px 0;
              > }
              > #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
              > padding-bottom:10px;}
              >
              > #ygrp-vital{
              > background-color:#e0ecee;margin-bottom:20px;padding:2px 0 8px 8px;}
              > #ygrp-vital #vithd{
              >
              font-size:77%;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:bold;color:#333;text-transform:uppercase;}
              > #ygrp-vital ul{
              > padding:0;margin:2px 0;}
              > #ygrp-vital ul li{
              > list-style-type:none;clear:both;border:1px solid #e0ecee;
              > }
              > #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
              >
              font-weight:bold;color:#ff7900;float:right;width:2em;text-align:right;padding-right:.5em;}
              > #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
              > font-weight:bold;}
              > #ygrp-vital a {
              > text-decoration:none;}
              >
              > #ygrp-vital a:hover{
              > text-decoration:underline;}
              >
              > #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
              > color:#999;font-size:77%;}
              > #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
              > padding:6px 13px;background-color:#e0ecee;margin-bottom:20px;}
              > #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
              > padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}
              > #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
              > list-style-type:square;padding:6px 0;font-size:77%;}
              > #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
              > text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}
              > #ygrp-sponsor #nc {
              > background-color:#eee;margin-bottom:20px;padding:0 8px;}
              > #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
              > padding:8px 0;}
              > #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
              >
              font-family:Arial;font-weight:bold;color:#628c2a;font-size:100%;line-height:122%;}
              > #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
              > text-decoration:none;}
              > #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
              > text-decoration:underline;}
              > #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
              > margin:0;}
              > o {font-size:0;}
              > .MsoNormal {
              > margin:0 0 0 0;}
              > #ygrp-text tt{
              > font-size:120%;}
              > blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
              > .replbq {margin:4;}
              > -->
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >
              ____________________________________________________________________________________
              > Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect. Join Yahoo!'s
              user panel and lay it on us.
              http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7
              >
            • Chaz
              ... I found these (the first is a report from the date of the original crime): ttp://www.cbgxtra.com/Default.aspx?tabid=42&view=topic&forumid=17&postid=32116
              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 9, 2007
              • 0 Attachment
                --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "dugger_rockz" <dugger_rockz@...> wrote:
                >
                > has any new word been out yet?

                I found these (the first is a report from the date of the original crime):

                ttp://www.cbgxtra.com/Default.aspx?tabid=42&view=topic&forumid=17&postid=32116

                http://www.tribune-democrat.com/local/local_story_219234819.html

                http://www.dailyamerican.com/articles/2007/08/07/top/headlines/01_news874.txt

                http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=11511

                http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070807/NEWS04/70807027
              • Chaz
                Here s that first link again: http://www.cbgxtra.com/Default.aspx?tabid=42&view=topic&forumid=17&postid=32116
                Message 7 of 17 , Aug 9, 2007
                • 0 Attachment
                Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.