Re: Arrested for 17 year-old murder???

  • norvandell
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 7, 2007
      I've been sick to my tummy all day. Whats shocking for me, is just
      last Wednesday, I was talking to Mike at the store while trading old
      comics and discussing the downfall of another dealer from Altoona.

      I have been a guest at the con since the second year and have gotten
      closer to the family over the years and just can not believe that this
      has happened. Its not for them to discuss their past and why they
      moved to Windbur. I really don't need to know. What I do know is that
      for the last 15 years they have been good people and friendly to me
      and they have my full support.

      But its hard to imagine what Mike is going through right now. I saw
      his mug shot on tv tonight, and I saw the look of utter devistation in
      his face. It hurts to see that look in someone.

      They have done right by me and all of us for that matter. I hope in
      some way that the con will still go on, and if it does, I will be at
      my booth. So please do me a favor and don't pass any judgement. Keep
      any negative comments to yourselves. If you can't, then stay out of
      the group.

      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "qrychepgh" <qrychepgh@...> wrote:

      > Michael George arrested for murder???
      >
      > http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?
      > contentId=3992170&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=3.2.1

    • qrychepgh
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 7, 2007
        Another article here:
        http://www.candgnews.com/Homepage-Articles/2007/8-8-07/CC-COLDCASE.asp

        Pretty grisly and cold, as far as the way the murders go.
        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 8, 2007

          i agree 100%

          I've been sick to my tummy all day. Whats shocking for me, is just
          last Wednesday, I was talking to Mike at the store while trading old
          comics and discussing the downfall of another dealer from Altoona.

          I have been a guest at the con since the second year and have gotten
          closer to the family over the years and just can not believe that this
          has happened. Its not for them to discuss their past and why they
          moved to Windbur. I really don't need to know. What I do know is that
          for the last 15 years they have been good people and friendly to me
          and they have my full support.

          But its hard to imagine what Mike is going through right now. I saw
          his mug shot on tv tonight, and I saw the look of utter devistation in
          his face. It hurts to see that look in someone.

          They have done right by me and all of us for that matter. I hope in
          some way that the con will still go on, and if it does, I will be at
          my booth. So please do me a favor and don't pass any judgement. Keep
          any negative comments to yourselves. If you can't, then stay out of
          the group.

          --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, "qrychepgh" <qrychepgh@. ..> wrote:

          > Michael George arrested for murder???
          >
          > http://www.myfoxdet roit.com/ myfox/pages/ News/Detail?
          > contentId=3992170& version=1& locale=EN- US&layoutCode= VSTY&pageId= 3.2.1

        • R Howard
          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 8, 2007
            I could not have said this better.

            I was shocked and sickened when I read this news yesterday, but I'm sure my reaction pales in comparison to what Renee and their seven children are going through, particularly his two daughters to his first wife.  Regardless of the outcome of this case, our thoughts and prayers should certainly be with all of them.

            I have been a customer, and more importantly a friend of Mike's and Renee's since they opened their Windber store in 1993.  I've vacationed with them, babysat their children and for the last 12 years helped them run the Pittsburgh Comicon.  In all that time, there is not a single incident, comment or experience I could point to that would make me suspect Mike was capable of something like this.  In my experience he has been a loving family man, an upstanding and involved member of the community, and a good friend.

            I'm obviously very curious what evidence and/or testimony has come to light to cause the police to move on this after 17 years, but I certainly hope it is all a mistake.  Unless he would confess to the crime, or is proven guilty in a court of law, I choose to believe Mike is innocent, but I do hope Barbara's killer is eventually brought to justice.

            No, I don't know what this holds for the future of the convention, and I don't think any of us will for quite a while.  Obviously this will be very damaging to Mike's reputation even if he is eventually aquitted.  I hope it's not the end of the Comicon, but it's difficult to imagine Renee running the show by herself, even with the support of the staff.  Let's all think positive thoughts and hope for the best.

            norvandell <BIG_BOOTE@...> wrote:
            I've been sick to my tummy all day. Whats shocking for me, is just
            last Wednesday, I was talking to Mike at the store while trading old
            comics and discussing the downfall of another dealer from Altoona.

            I have been a guest at the con since the second year and have gotten
            closer to the family over the years and just can not believe that this
            has happened. Its not for them to discuss their past and why they
            moved to Windbur. I really don't need to know. What I do know is that
            for the last 15 years they have been good people and friendly to me
            and they have my full support.

            But its hard to imagine what Mike is going through right now. I saw
            his mug shot on tv tonight, and I saw the look of utter devistation in
            his face. It hurts to see that look in someone.

            They have done right by me and all of us for that matter. I hope in
            some way that the con will still go on, and if it does, I will be at
            my booth. So please do me a favor and don't pass any judgement. Keep
            any negative comments to yourselves. If you can't, then stay out of
            the group.

            --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, "qrychepgh" <qrychepgh@. ..> wrote:

            > Michael George arrested for murder???
            >
            > http://www.myfoxdet roit.com/ myfox/pages/ News/Detail?
            > contentId=3992170& version=1& locale=EN- US&layoutCode= VSTY&pageId= 3.2.1

          • Chaz
            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 8, 2007
              --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, R Howard <thezeppo1138@...> wrote:

              > I could not have said this better.
              >
              > I was shocked and sickened when I read this news yesterday, but I'm sure my reaction
              pales in comparison to what Renee and their seven children are going through, particularly
              his two daughters to his first wife. Regardless of the outcome of this case, our thoughts
              and prayers should certainly be with all of them.

              > I have been a customer, and more importantly a friend of Mike's and Renee's since they
              opened their Windber store in 1993. I've vacationed with them, babysat their children and
              for the last 12 years helped them run the Pittsburgh Comicon. In all that time, there is not
              a single incident, comment or experience I could point to that would make me suspect
              Mike was capable of something like this. In my experience he has been a loving family
              man, an upstanding and involved member of the community, and a good friend.

              > I'm obviously very curious what evidence and/or testimony has come to light to cause
              the police to move on this after 17 years, but I certainly hope it is all a mistake. Unless he
              would confess to the crime, or is proven guilty in a court of law, I choose to believe Mike is
              innocent, but I do hope Barbara's killer is eventually brought to justice.

              > No, I don't know what this holds for the future of the convention, and I don't think any
              of us will for quite a while. Obviously this will be very damaging to Mike's reputation even
              if he is eventually aquitted. I hope it's not the end of the Comicon, but it's difficult to
              imagine Renee running the show by herself, even with the support of the staff. Let's all
              think positive thoughts and hope for the best.

              > ---------------------------------
              > Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos &
              more.

              I only got to talk to the Georges here and there, but they were always very nice people. I
              think this is shocking for us all. We love this con (I've gone to everyone with my buddy
              Dave, it's a ritual for us), and it was well known how much the Georges loved doing it for
              us. I hope we can get updates on the events to come. And I agree, until proven guilty, Mike
              is innocent. And that the killer is brought to justice. If you pray, prayers for Renee and the
              children can't hurt. I hope someone will let them know that we all are thinking of them.
            • Betsy Richard
              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 9, 2007
                I have just recently moved back to the J-town area and have not had
                the time to stop into the store to say hi. I regret not having
                visited now more than ever. During the time I lived here previously,
                and after I moved to Chambersburg where they had a store for a few
                years, I saw Mike on an almost daily basis. I always considered Mike
                a good friend and I was totally shocked when I heard this news on the
                radio this week. My prayers are certainly with Mike and Renee and
                the kids, and I hope someone is able to relay our love and concern to
                them. I know it has been a long while since I spoke with them, but
                they were never far from my thoughts.

                In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Chaz" <chaz_i_am@...> wrote:

                > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, R Howard <thezeppo1138@> wrote:
                > >
                > > I could not have said this better.
                > >
                > > I was shocked and sickened when I read this news yesterday, but
                I'm sure my reaction
                > pales in comparison to what Renee and their seven children are
                going through, particularly
                > his two daughters to his first wife. Regardless of the outcome of
                this case, our thoughts
                > and prayers should certainly be with all of them.
                > >
                > > I have been a customer, and more importantly a friend of Mike's
                and Renee's since they
                > opened their Windber store in 1993. I've vacationed with them,
                babysat their children and
                > for the last 12 years helped them run the Pittsburgh Comicon. In
                all that time, there is not
                > a single incident, comment or experience I could point to that
                would make me suspect
                > Mike was capable of something like this. In my experience he has
                been a loving family
                > man, an upstanding and involved member of the community, and a good
                friend.

                > > I'm obviously very curious what evidence and/or testimony has
                come to light to cause
                > the police to move on this after 17 years, but I certainly hope it
                is all a mistake. Unless he
                > would confess to the crime, or is proven guilty in a court of law,
                I choose to believe Mike is
                > innocent, but I do hope Barbara's killer is eventually brought to
                justice.

                > > No, I don't know what this holds for the future of the
                convention, and I don't think any
                > of us will for quite a while. Obviously this will be very damaging
                to Mike's reputation even
                > if he is eventually aquitted. I hope it's not the end of the
                Comicon, but it's difficult to
                > imagine Renee running the show by herself, even with the support of
                the staff. Let's all
                > think positive thoughts and hope for the best.
                > >
                > > ---------------------------------
                > > Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your
                pocket: mail, news, photos &
                > more.
                > >
                > I only got to talk to the Georges here and there, but they were
                always very nice people. I
                > think this is shocking for us all. We love this con (I've gone to
                everyone with my buddy
                > Dave, it's a ritual for us), and it was well known how much the
                Georges loved doing it for
                > us. I hope we can get updates on the events to come. And I agree,
                until proven guilty, Mike
                > is innocent. And that the killer is brought to justice. If you
                pray, prayers for Renee and the
                > children can't hurt. I hope someone will let them know that we all
                are thinking of them.

              • dugger_rockz
                Message 7 of 17 , Aug 9, 2007
                  has any new word been out yet?

                  > i agree 100%

                  user panel and lay it on us.

                • Chaz
                  Message 8 of 17 , Aug 9, 2007
                    --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "dugger_rockz" <dugger_rockz@...> wrote:

                    > has any new word been out yet?

                    I found these (the first is a report from the date of the original crime):

                    ttp://www.cbgxtra.com/Default.aspx?tabid=42&view=topic&forumid=17&postid=32116

                    http://www.tribune-democrat.com/local/local_story_219234819.html

                    http://www.dailyamerican.com/articles/2007/08/07/top/headlines/01_news874.txt

                    http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=11511