Re: Arrested for 17 year-old murder???

  • acroraya30x
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 7 10:07 AM
      Johnstown Trib Democrat article:

      http://www.tribune-democrat.com/local/local_story_219004129.html

      ...I'm stunned too.

      AcroRay
      (Father of costume contest Godzilla and Transformers kids...)
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 7 11:31 AM
        Now the question Ive heard 30 times today.... What will happen to the CON?

        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 7 9:45 PM
          I've been sick to my tummy all day. Whats shocking for me, is just
          last Wednesday, I was talking to Mike at the store while trading old
          comics and discussing the downfall of another dealer from Altoona.

          I have been a guest at the con since the second year and have gotten
          closer to the family over the years and just can not believe that this
          has happened. Its not for them to discuss their past and why they
          moved to Windbur. I really don't need to know. What I do know is that
          for the last 15 years they have been good people and friendly to me
          and they have my full support.

          But its hard to imagine what Mike is going through right now. I saw
          his mug shot on tv tonight, and I saw the look of utter devistation in
          his face. It hurts to see that look in someone.

          They have done right by me and all of us for that matter. I hope in
          some way that the con will still go on, and if it does, I will be at
          my booth. So please do me a favor and don't pass any judgement. Keep
          any negative comments to yourselves. If you can't, then stay out of
          the group.

          --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "qrychepgh" <qrychepgh@...> wrote:

          > Michael George arrested for murder???
          >
          > http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?
          > contentId=3992170&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=3.2.1

        • qrychepgh
          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 7 11:05 PM
            Another article here:
            http://www.candgnews.com/Homepage-Articles/2007/8-8-07/CC-COLDCASE.asp

            Pretty grisly and cold, as far as the way the murders go.
            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 8 3:50 AM

              i agree 100%

              I've been sick to my tummy all day. Whats shocking for me, is just
              last Wednesday, I was talking to Mike at the store while trading old
              comics and discussing the downfall of another dealer from Altoona.

              I have been a guest at the con since the second year and have gotten
              closer to the family over the years and just can not believe that this
              has happened. Its not for them to discuss their past and why they
              moved to Windbur. I really don't need to know. What I do know is that
              for the last 15 years they have been good people and friendly to me
              and they have my full support.

              But its hard to imagine what Mike is going through right now. I saw
              his mug shot on tv tonight, and I saw the look of utter devistation in
              his face. It hurts to see that look in someone.

              They have done right by me and all of us for that matter. I hope in
              some way that the con will still go on, and if it does, I will be at
              my booth. So please do me a favor and don't pass any judgement. Keep
              any negative comments to yourselves. If you can't, then stay out of
              the group.

              --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, "qrychepgh" <qrychepgh@. ..> wrote:

              > Michael George arrested for murder???
              >
              > http://www.myfoxdet roit.com/ myfox/pages/ News/Detail?
              > contentId=3992170& version=1& locale=EN- US&layoutCode= VSTY&pageId= 3.2.1

            • R Howard
              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 8 6:32 AM
                I could not have said this better.

                I was shocked and sickened when I read this news yesterday, but I'm sure my reaction pales in comparison to what Renee and their seven children are going through, particularly his two daughters to his first wife.  Regardless of the outcome of this case, our thoughts and prayers should certainly be with all of them.

                I have been a customer, and more importantly a friend of Mike's and Renee's since they opened their Windber store in 1993.  I've vacationed with them, babysat their children and for the last 12 years helped them run the Pittsburgh Comicon.  In all that time, there is not a single incident, comment or experience I could point to that would make me suspect Mike was capable of something like this.  In my experience he has been a loving family man, an upstanding and involved member of the community, and a good friend.

                I'm obviously very curious what evidence and/or testimony has come to light to cause the police to move on this after 17 years, but I certainly hope it is all a mistake.  Unless he would confess to the crime, or is proven guilty in a court of law, I choose to believe Mike is innocent, but I do hope Barbara's killer is eventually brought to justice.

                No, I don't know what this holds for the future of the convention, and I don't think any of us will for quite a while.  Obviously this will be very damaging to Mike's reputation even if he is eventually aquitted.  I hope it's not the end of the Comicon, but it's difficult to imagine Renee running the show by herself, even with the support of the staff.  Let's all think positive thoughts and hope for the best.

                norvandell <BIG_BOOTE@...> wrote:
                I've been sick to my tummy all day. Whats shocking for me, is just
                last Wednesday, I was talking to Mike at the store while trading old
                comics and discussing the downfall of another dealer from Altoona.

                I have been a guest at the con since the second year and have gotten
                closer to the family over the years and just can not believe that this
                has happened. Its not for them to discuss their past and why they
                moved to Windbur. I really don't need to know. What I do know is that
                for the last 15 years they have been good people and friendly to me
                and they have my full support.

                But its hard to imagine what Mike is going through right now. I saw
                his mug shot on tv tonight, and I saw the look of utter devistation in
                his face. It hurts to see that look in someone.

                They have done right by me and all of us for that matter. I hope in
                some way that the con will still go on, and if it does, I will be at
                my booth. So please do me a favor and don't pass any judgement. Keep
                any negative comments to yourselves. If you can't, then stay out of
                the group.

                --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, "qrychepgh" <qrychepgh@. ..> wrote:

                > Michael George arrested for murder???
                >
                > http://www.myfoxdet roit.com/ myfox/pages/ News/Detail?
                > contentId=3992170& version=1& locale=EN- US&layoutCode= VSTY&pageId= 3.2.1

              • Chaz
                Message 7 of 17 , Aug 8 4:09 PM
                  --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, R Howard <thezeppo1138@...> wrote:

                  > I could not have said this better.
                  >
                  > I was shocked and sickened when I read this news yesterday, but I'm sure my reaction
                  pales in comparison to what Renee and their seven children are going through, particularly
                  his two daughters to his first wife. Regardless of the outcome of this case, our thoughts
                  and prayers should certainly be with all of them.

                  > I have been a customer, and more importantly a friend of Mike's and Renee's since they
                  opened their Windber store in 1993. I've vacationed with them, babysat their children and
                  for the last 12 years helped them run the Pittsburgh Comicon. In all that time, there is not
                  a single incident, comment or experience I could point to that would make me suspect
                  Mike was capable of something like this. In my experience he has been a loving family
                  man, an upstanding and involved member of the community, and a good friend.

                  > I'm obviously very curious what evidence and/or testimony has come to light to cause
                  the police to move on this after 17 years, but I certainly hope it is all a mistake. Unless he
                  would confess to the crime, or is proven guilty in a court of law, I choose to believe Mike is
                  innocent, but I do hope Barbara's killer is eventually brought to justice.

                  > No, I don't know what this holds for the future of the convention, and I don't think any
                  of us will for quite a while. Obviously this will be very damaging to Mike's reputation even
                  if he is eventually aquitted. I hope it's not the end of the Comicon, but it's difficult to
                  imagine Renee running the show by herself, even with the support of the staff. Let's all
                  think positive thoughts and hope for the best.

                  > ---------------------------------
                  > Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos &
                  more.

                  I only got to talk to the Georges here and there, but they were always very nice people. I
                  think this is shocking for us all. We love this con (I've gone to everyone with my buddy
                  Dave, it's a ritual for us), and it was well known how much the Georges loved doing it for
                  us. I hope we can get updates on the events to come. And I agree, until proven guilty, Mike
                  is innocent. And that the killer is brought to justice. If you pray, prayers for Renee and the
                  children can't hurt. I hope someone will let them know that we all are thinking of them.
                • Betsy Richard
                  Message 8 of 17 , Aug 9 12:46 PM
                    I have just recently moved back to the J-town area and have not had
                    the time to stop into the store to say hi. I regret not having
                    visited now more than ever. During the time I lived here previously,
                    and after I moved to Chambersburg where they had a store for a few
                    years, I saw Mike on an almost daily basis. I always considered Mike
                    a good friend and I was totally shocked when I heard this news on the
                    radio this week. My prayers are certainly with Mike and Renee and
                    the kids, and I hope someone is able to relay our love and concern to
                    them. I know it has been a long while since I spoke with them, but
                    they were never far from my thoughts.

                    In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Chaz" <chaz_i_am@...> wrote:

                    > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, R Howard <thezeppo1138@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > I could not have said this better.
                    > >
                    > > I was shocked and sickened when I read this news yesterday, but
                    I'm sure my reaction
                    > pales in comparison to what Renee and their seven children are
                    going through, particularly
                    > his two daughters to his first wife. Regardless of the outcome of
                    this case, our thoughts
                    > and prayers should certainly be with all of them.
                    > >
                    > > I have been a customer, and more importantly a friend of Mike's
                    and Renee's since they
                    > opened their Windber store in 1993. I've vacationed with them,
                    babysat their children and
                    > for the last 12 years helped them run the Pittsburgh Comicon. In
                    all that time, there is not
                    > a single incident, comment or experience I could point to that
                    would make me suspect
                    > Mike was capable of something like this. In my experience he has
                    been a loving family
                    > man, an upstanding and involved member of the community, and a good
                    friend.

                    > > I'm obviously very curious what evidence and/or testimony has
                    come to light to cause
                    > the police to move on this after 17 years, but I certainly hope it
                    is all a mistake. Unless he
                    > would confess to the crime, or is proven guilty in a court of law,
                    I choose to believe Mike is
                    > innocent, but I do hope Barbara's killer is eventually brought to
                    justice.

                    > > No, I don't know what this holds for the future of the
                    convention, and I don't think any
                    > of us will for quite a while. Obviously this will be very damaging
                    to Mike's reputation even
                    > if he is eventually aquitted. I hope it's not the end of the
                    Comicon, but it's difficult to
                    > imagine Renee running the show by herself, even with the support of
                    the staff. Let's all
                    > think positive thoughts and hope for the best.
                    > >
                    > > ---------------------------------
                    > > Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your
                    pocket: mail, news, photos &
                    > more.
                    > >
                    > I only got to talk to the Georges here and there, but they were
                    always very nice people. I
                    > think this is shocking for us all. We love this con (I've gone to
                    everyone with my buddy
                    > Dave, it's a ritual for us), and it was well known how much the
                    Georges loved doing it for
                    > us. I hope we can get updates on the events to come. And I agree,
                    until proven guilty, Mike
                    > is innocent. And that the killer is brought to justice. If you
                    pray, prayers for Renee and the
                    > children can't hurt. I hope someone will let them know that we all
                    are thinking of them.

                  • dugger_rockz
                    Message 9 of 17 , Aug 9 6:08 PM
                      has any new word been out yet?

                      > i agree 100%

                      user panel and lay it on us.

                    • Chaz
                      Message 10 of 17 , Aug 9 6:58 PM
                        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "dugger_rockz" <dugger_rockz@...> wrote:

                        > has any new word been out yet?

                        I found these (the first is a report from the date of the original crime):

                        ttp://www.cbgxtra.com/Default.aspx?tabid=42&view=topic&forumid=17&postid=32116

                        http://www.tribune-democrat.com/local/local_story_219234819.html

                        http://www.dailyamerican.com/articles/2007/08/07/top/headlines/01_news874.txt

                        http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=11511