Re: [pittscomicon] Re: Arrested for 17 year-old murder???

    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 7, 2007

      DAMN! I am  stunned like everyone else, We have had lunch a couple times during the Con and I dont think anyone could ask to meet a nicer person, same goes for his wife, I hope this isnt true, but from everything I have read it is difficult to think otherwise.

      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 7, 2007
        Johnstown Trib Democrat article:

        http://www.tribune-democrat.com/local/local_story_219004129.html

        ...I'm stunned too.

        AcroRay
        (Father of costume contest Godzilla and Transformers kids...)
        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 7, 2007
          Now the question Ive heard 30 times today.... What will happen to the CON?

          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 7, 2007
            I've been sick to my tummy all day. Whats shocking for me, is just
            last Wednesday, I was talking to Mike at the store while trading old
            comics and discussing the downfall of another dealer from Altoona.

            I have been a guest at the con since the second year and have gotten
            closer to the family over the years and just can not believe that this
            has happened. Its not for them to discuss their past and why they
            moved to Windbur. I really don't need to know. What I do know is that
            for the last 15 years they have been good people and friendly to me
            and they have my full support.

            But its hard to imagine what Mike is going through right now. I saw
            his mug shot on tv tonight, and I saw the look of utter devistation in
            his face. It hurts to see that look in someone.

            They have done right by me and all of us for that matter. I hope in
            some way that the con will still go on, and if it does, I will be at
            my booth. So please do me a favor and don't pass any judgement. Keep
            any negative comments to yourselves. If you can't, then stay out of
            the group.

            --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "qrychepgh" <qrychepgh@...> wrote:

            > Michael George arrested for murder???
            >
            > http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?
            > contentId=3992170&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=3.2.1

          • qrychepgh
            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 7, 2007
              Another article here:
              http://www.candgnews.com/Homepage-Articles/2007/8-8-07/CC-COLDCASE.asp

              Pretty grisly and cold, as far as the way the murders go.
              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 8, 2007

                i agree 100%

                I've been sick to my tummy all day. Whats shocking for me, is just
                last Wednesday, I was talking to Mike at the store while trading old
                comics and discussing the downfall of another dealer from Altoona.

                I have been a guest at the con since the second year and have gotten
                closer to the family over the years and just can not believe that this
                has happened. Its not for them to discuss their past and why they
                moved to Windbur. I really don't need to know. What I do know is that
                for the last 15 years they have been good people and friendly to me
                and they have my full support.

                But its hard to imagine what Mike is going through right now. I saw
                his mug shot on tv tonight, and I saw the look of utter devistation in
                his face. It hurts to see that look in someone.

                They have done right by me and all of us for that matter. I hope in
                some way that the con will still go on, and if it does, I will be at
                my booth. So please do me a favor and don't pass any judgement. Keep
                any negative comments to yourselves. If you can't, then stay out of
                the group.

                --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, "qrychepgh" <qrychepgh@. ..> wrote:

                > Michael George arrested for murder???
                >
                > http://www.myfoxdet roit.com/ myfox/pages/ News/Detail?
                > contentId=3992170& version=1& locale=EN- US&layoutCode= VSTY&pageId= 3.2.1

              • R Howard
                Message 7 of 17 , Aug 8, 2007
                  I could not have said this better.

                  I was shocked and sickened when I read this news yesterday, but I'm sure my reaction pales in comparison to what Renee and their seven children are going through, particularly his two daughters to his first wife.  Regardless of the outcome of this case, our thoughts and prayers should certainly be with all of them.

                  I have been a customer, and more importantly a friend of Mike's and Renee's since they opened their Windber store in 1993.  I've vacationed with them, babysat their children and for the last 12 years helped them run the Pittsburgh Comicon.  In all that time, there is not a single incident, comment or experience I could point to that would make me suspect Mike was capable of something like this.  In my experience he has been a loving family man, an upstanding and involved member of the community, and a good friend.

                  I'm obviously very curious what evidence and/or testimony has come to light to cause the police to move on this after 17 years, but I certainly hope it is all a mistake.  Unless he would confess to the crime, or is proven guilty in a court of law, I choose to believe Mike is innocent, but I do hope Barbara's killer is eventually brought to justice.

                  No, I don't know what this holds for the future of the convention, and I don't think any of us will for quite a while.  Obviously this will be very damaging to Mike's reputation even if he is eventually aquitted.  I hope it's not the end of the Comicon, but it's difficult to imagine Renee running the show by herself, even with the support of the staff.  Let's all think positive thoughts and hope for the best.

                  norvandell <BIG_BOOTE@...> wrote:
                  I've been sick to my tummy all day. Whats shocking for me, is just
                  last Wednesday, I was talking to Mike at the store while trading old
                  comics and discussing the downfall of another dealer from Altoona.

                  I have been a guest at the con since the second year and have gotten
                  closer to the family over the years and just can not believe that this
                  has happened. Its not for them to discuss their past and why they
                  moved to Windbur. I really don't need to know. What I do know is that
                  for the last 15 years they have been good people and friendly to me
                  and they have my full support.

                  But its hard to imagine what Mike is going through right now. I saw
                  his mug shot on tv tonight, and I saw the look of utter devistation in
                  his face. It hurts to see that look in someone.

                  They have done right by me and all of us for that matter. I hope in
                  some way that the con will still go on, and if it does, I will be at
                  my booth. So please do me a favor and don't pass any judgement. Keep
                  any negative comments to yourselves. If you can't, then stay out of
                  the group.

                  --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, "qrychepgh" <qrychepgh@. ..> wrote:

                  > Michael George arrested for murder???
                  >
                  > http://www.myfoxdet roit.com/ myfox/pages/ News/Detail?
                  > contentId=3992170& version=1& locale=EN- US&layoutCode= VSTY&pageId= 3.2.1

                • Chaz
                  Message 8 of 17 , Aug 8, 2007
                    --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, R Howard <thezeppo1138@...> wrote:

                    > I could not have said this better.
                    >
                    > I was shocked and sickened when I read this news yesterday, but I'm sure my reaction
                    pales in comparison to what Renee and their seven children are going through, particularly
                    his two daughters to his first wife. Regardless of the outcome of this case, our thoughts
                    and prayers should certainly be with all of them.

                    > I have been a customer, and more importantly a friend of Mike's and Renee's since they
                    opened their Windber store in 1993. I've vacationed with them, babysat their children and
                    for the last 12 years helped them run the Pittsburgh Comicon. In all that time, there is not
                    a single incident, comment or experience I could point to that would make me suspect
                    Mike was capable of something like this. In my experience he has been a loving family
                    man, an upstanding and involved member of the community, and a good friend.

                    > I'm obviously very curious what evidence and/or testimony has come to light to cause
                    the police to move on this after 17 years, but I certainly hope it is all a mistake. Unless he
                    would confess to the crime, or is proven guilty in a court of law, I choose to believe Mike is
                    innocent, but I do hope Barbara's killer is eventually brought to justice.

                    > No, I don't know what this holds for the future of the convention, and I don't think any
                    of us will for quite a while. Obviously this will be very damaging to Mike's reputation even
                    if he is eventually aquitted. I hope it's not the end of the Comicon, but it's difficult to
                    imagine Renee running the show by herself, even with the support of the staff. Let's all
                    think positive thoughts and hope for the best.

                    > ---------------------------------
                    > Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos &
                    more.

                    I only got to talk to the Georges here and there, but they were always very nice people. I
                    think this is shocking for us all. We love this con (I've gone to everyone with my buddy
                    Dave, it's a ritual for us), and it was well known how much the Georges loved doing it for
                    us. I hope we can get updates on the events to come. And I agree, until proven guilty, Mike
                    is innocent. And that the killer is brought to justice. If you pray, prayers for Renee and the
                    children can't hurt. I hope someone will let them know that we all are thinking of them.
                  • Betsy Richard
                    Message 9 of 17 , Aug 9, 2007
                      I have just recently moved back to the J-town area and have not had
                      the time to stop into the store to say hi. I regret not having
                      visited now more than ever. During the time I lived here previously,
                      and after I moved to Chambersburg where they had a store for a few
                      years, I saw Mike on an almost daily basis. I always considered Mike
                      a good friend and I was totally shocked when I heard this news on the
                      radio this week. My prayers are certainly with Mike and Renee and
                      the kids, and I hope someone is able to relay our love and concern to
                      them. I know it has been a long while since I spoke with them, but
                      they were never far from my thoughts.

                    • dugger_rockz
                      Message 10 of 17 , Aug 9, 2007
                        has any new word been out yet?

                        > i agree 100%

                        user panel and lay it on us.

                      • Chaz
                        Message 11 of 17 , Aug 9, 2007
                          --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "dugger_rockz" <dugger_rockz@...> wrote:

                          > has any new word been out yet?

                          I found these (the first is a report from the date of the original crime):

                          ttp://www.cbgxtra.com/Default.aspx?tabid=42&view=topic&forumid=17&postid=32116

                          http://www.tribune-democrat.com/local/local_story_219234819.html

                          http://www.dailyamerican.com/articles/2007/08/07/top/headlines/01_news874.txt

                          http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=11511