919Re: 501st Legion (was: Color me very flattered)

  • EEGAH316
    May 4, 2007
      Yeah, the 501st is a great organization, and I can't understand the
      rationale behind treating them poorly. Most conventions love having
      them; it makes me wonder what's going through the promoters' minds here.

      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Nicole Blum" <nickyb@...> wrote:

      > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "EEGAH316" <eegah316@> wrote:
      > >
      > > And I noticed we had a Star Wars category, which was needed after
      > > last year, but there were a lot less Star Wars costumes, probably
      > > since the 501st and Rebel Legion weren't around. Not sure why; it
      > > hardly feels like a Con without 'em!
      >
      > As a 501st & Rebel Legion member I can say that the Garrison for PA
      > was disinclined to make PCC an official event (or even attend in any
      > capacity) based on the ill treatment and disrespect they've received
      > each time they try to work with the organizers (since 2001).
      >
      > They have instead chosen to donate their time to events such as Steel
      > City Con (the organizer is a HUGE 501st supporter), Wizard World
      > Philly and of course their charity work for Make-A-Wish, Special
      > Olympics, Autism and many more.
      >
      > It is unfortunate that it has turned out this way as PCC was a fun
      > con in the past, but you will never see the 501st there officially
      > (probably not even unofficially as they were last year) ever again.
      >
      > Nicky
      > Public Relations Officer
      > Garrison Excelsior

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic