845Re: [pittscomicon] day one?

    Apr 28, 2007
      you said it!

      From: Donald Hargnett <donaldbain@...>
      To: pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, April 27, 2007 11:10:38 PM
      Subject: Re: [pittscomicon] day one?

      I went today and I have to say I was disappointed. The number of
      dealers keeps getting smaller and smaller and they are being replaced
      with too many artist, and most of them at the show are trying to break
      into the biz and selling sketches. There was even a booth with
      basement waterproofing for God's sake! Quite a few of the regular
      sellers were missing and replaced with New Dimension Comics booths. I
      (and my friend John who chose to stay home for the first time since
      they started) go to find old books that none of the local stores have
      and get bargains on stuff. We don't want to see the artist or talk to
      them. The $18 they are charging isn't worth the number of dealers
      inside. I'd like to see it be $10 to get in and another $8 for
      entrance to the artist area or something similar. I have to say this
      is my last con until changes are made, either in entry price of number
      of dealers inside. You're better off going to Eide's big sale if
      you're trying to find merchandise. Hope you have a better time.

      On Apr 27, 2007, at 10:09 PM, bsimon9427@aol. com wrote:

      > so how did it go? did some people meet up and hang out? i'll be there
      > about noonish. look for the 6'6" guy with a flat top, chances are
      > thats me. sadly my cuz wussed out and will not be going with me on
      > sunday so i'll be alone, cant find anyone willing to spend the 18 bux
      > to get in and hang out. i've found alot of people who want to go but
      > not for that price, if it wa 10 bux they said they would go but not
      > for close to 20 bux just to meet some artistes and hang out.
      >  its going to be a pain to drive myself in costume but i'll give it a
      > try i guess on sunday.
      > -bart
      >

      > See what's free at AOL.com.

      Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.