654Re: Past Pittsburgh Comic con Program cover scans

  • R
    Feb 7, 2007
      IIRC, the Buffy cover was either done by Brian Rood or Jerry
      Vanderstadt.

      Yeah there aren't many covers that slipped through M&R's fingers,
      and offhand I can only think of one other one - the Xena cover by
      Brian Rood.

      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "ducky1560" <ducky1560@...>
      wrote:

      > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, R Howard <thezeppo1138@>
      > wrote:
      >
      > I was able to e-mail them 5 at a time, again, Yahoo e-mail size
      > limits.
      >
      > But it would still be cool it you could post them! I am going to
      try
      > deleting some of my other picture posts, then retry the covers!!
      >
      > SO YOU are one of the lucky ones that owns one of the "FEW" covers
      > that M & R don't have! My wife and I have the Patrick Block,
      Donald
      > Duck cover from '04! I think there may only be "1" other in
      private
      > hands!!
      >
      > I Believe the '99 back cover is the "Buffy/Angel" group shot?
      >

      > > I have all the con programs dating back to the second year
      (there
      > was no program for the 1st year IIRC) at home somewhere, it would
      > just be a matter of digging them out, which I haven't had a chance
      > do. And I actually own Matt Busch's painting for that Star Wars
      > cover. :)
      > >
      > > I believe I know who did all the covers - what was the image
      on
      > the back cover of the '99 program?
      > >
      > > As for the 10th anniversary question - the reason it
      > was "celebrated" two years in a row was that the 10th convention
      (in
      > 2002) was erroneously called the 10th Anniversary. In other
      words,
      > if you get married, the date one year after your marriage is your
      > first anniversary, not your second. Likewise, the second year of
      the
      > convention was it's first anniversary, so the 11th year (2003) was
      > technically the real 10th Anniversary.
      > >
      > > 2007 will be the 15th convention, but only the 14th
      anniversary
      > of the first convention.
      > >
      > > ducky1560 <ducky1560@> wrote:
      > > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Scott" <coymn@>
      > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hey Folks, if anyone here has scans of the covers from the past
      > > > convention in pittsburgh, would you please send me a scan of
      > them..
      > > > they dont have to be large or anything, but would like to see
      > what has
      > > > been done in the past as far as art goes.. email me at coymn
      (at)
      > > hvc.rr.com
      > > >
      > > > thanks in advance
      > > > Scott Kress
      > > >
      > > take a look in the photo section. folder called con covers.
      > >
      > > Notes:
      > > I only have the last 10. ahh the memories..thanks for asking!
      > > any help from con fans on the credits for the '99 back cover.
      (not
      > > inside of program)
      > > 2001 had another cover "Star Wars" dont have that one.
      > > Notice the "10 Anniversary" on both 2002 and 2003!!! Is 2007 the
      > 15th
      > > or 14th??
      > > Most of the original art was sold at the Make-A-Wish auctions on
      > the
      > > Saturday of the shows! Promoters own most of them!!!
      > >
      > > does this mean a Grell cover this year??
      > > sure hope so, would love to see that in the charity auction!!!

      > > Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
      > > in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic