329Re: If you need a reason to attend the '06 Pittsburgh Comicon

  • mangoman42
    Feb 28, 2006
      I totally agree about the Queen and King of Broadsword being at the
      Pittsburgh con! Can't wait to see you guys again!

      As far as the auction goes... for that cover art I would be suprised
      if Mike didn't START the bidding at $200-$250.... With it being a
      big artistlike Jim, the flyer cover, and a sexy picture to boot I'll
      bet it goes for the $700-$800 range minimum. Which is a bargain!

      I know that Holly and Jim sent some PRINTS last year and they went
      for over $100 (because I was furiously bidding on them...) :)

      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Anthony" <forgiona@...> wrote:
      > That's very interesting. It makes sense that the promoters would
      > want to hang onto the cover art, or at least give the Make A Wish
      > donations a nice boost.
      > But, the auction question was more of an afterthought. The real
      > draw for me this year was Jim and Holly's return to the
      > I was so impressed by their considerateness and generosity to all
      > their fans at their last Pittsburgh con. I am really looking
      > forward to stopping by their booth this year to chat with them and
      > other fans.
      > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "hellboypi" <HELLBOYPI@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > The promoters of the Comicon 'almost' always outbid anyone for
      > > flyer and the program cover art. But the money goes to Make-A-
      > Wish so
      > > dig deep.
      > >
      > > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, R Howard <thezeppo1138@>
      > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I missed the auction last year, so I can't help you there.
      > Regarding
      > > Mr. Balent's art for the show flyer - I would be surprised if it
      > went
      > > for less than $200 - $250.

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic