328Re: If you need a reason to attend the '06 Pittsburgh Comicon

  • Anthony
    Feb 28 5:48 AM
      That's very interesting. It makes sense that the promoters would
      want to hang onto the cover art, or at least give the Make A Wish
      donations a nice boost.

      But, the auction question was more of an afterthought. The real
      draw for me this year was Jim and Holly's return to the convention.
      I was so impressed by their considerateness and generosity to all
      their fans at their last Pittsburgh con. I am really looking
      forward to stopping by their booth this year to chat with them and
      other fans.

      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "hellboypi" <HELLBOYPI@...>
      wrote:

      > The promoters of the Comicon 'almost' always outbid anyone for the
      > flyer and the program cover art. But the money goes to Make-A-
      Wish so
      > dig deep.
      >
      > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, R Howard <thezeppo1138@>
      wrote:

      > > I missed the auction last year, so I can't help you there.
      Regarding
      > Mr. Balent's art for the show flyer - I would be surprised if it
      went
      > for less than $200 - $250.

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic