3008Re: [pittscomicon] Re: steel city con or any con for that matter

    Feb 6, 2012
      ditto, any talk is good talk
      In a message dated 2/6/2012 7:05:30 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, brandysdad_2000@... writes:

      The main page states "And feel free to talk about anything else related to the fandom in Pittsburgh, such as local comic book creators, local sci-fi series fans groups, or local comic shops."

      While the main crux of the group is regarding the Pittsburgh Comicon that Pat, Rene and company put on yearly for us, there are other events that happen in the area which may be of interest to folks here. I prefer Comicon personally because I love the variety of the artists that are represented that are only available there. Occasionally, I enjoy hitting Steel City for the personalities that they bring in which wouldnt generally attend Comicon.

      I'll never miss Comicon weekend, but it depends on who are guests at Steel City if I attend there. I don't particularly see it as a conflict of the purpose of this group to talk about other happenings in the area in the down time around the Comicon.

      Thoughts or comments from other members?

      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "thezeppo1138" <thezeppo1138@...> wrote:
      > I'm just curious why my e-mail is being spammed with announcements about a show I have never attended. Dominic, are you trawling the members list of a group dedicated to a competing convention for your mailing list?
      > Either way, remove me.
      > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, bsimon9427@ wrote:
      > >
      > > i keep getting these great emails saying who the guest are going to but im
      > > mad because i cant make it.
      > >
      > > cons tend to be the first weekend of the month for some reason, this is
      > > also the same weekend people like me have reserve/guard duty.
      > > i've talked to other guys in the military and they are just as pissed as me
      > > about things like this. we have to miss out on good cons bc of it being
      > > the same dates.
      > > i think its a huge loss not only for us fans but for the people that run
      > > cons in general . if cons were on the second weekend of the month they might
      > > get alot more people to attend and maybe spend some cash to.
      > > being in the military we cant call in sick or miss our weekend. rare
      > > occasions they will let us reschedule but it has to be a better reason then "im
      > > a geek and want to attend a con" lol tho i have rescheduled before for a
      > > con but i used up my one free-be this year already :o(
      > >
      > > have fun guys
      > > bart

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic