      From: comiconguy <patlqp@...>
      To: pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tue, April 19, 2011 11:36:31 AM
      Subject: [pittscomicon] Re: Post Gazette links

      I saw the Being Human Panel up on YouTube, (sorry I don't have the link)

      I'm sure I'll have plenty of parting thoughts when my brain is a little less "mushy". But just some personal observations,

      Is there any better guest than Phil Jimenez? The man was a workhorse all weekend long. It was the first time in Pittsburgh for Phil and I'd have him back anytime he wanted to come.

      Jim Starlin is a cool guy.

      Sam Witwer was as nice of a guy as you'll ever meet.

      The art of Sara Richard is stunning!!! I wish Gaiman would do some new Sandman specials and hook up with her as the artist. Her Delirium is to die for!!! She did a Delirium/Tank Girl piece at the Quick Sketch that may be my favorite piece of art I saw all weekend.

      I was so happy that the Blood Drive exceeded its goal since it was the first time we tried it.

      Brandon Bartolomeo is my hero. When we found out we were going to have to handle the Costume Contest ourselves since Scott Crawford and crew couldn't be there, Brandon stepped up to emcee with me coordinating the contestants, and it went smoothly and Brandon was a Great Emcee. If we ever have to do it again, I would proudly work with Brandon again. (plus as someone suggested on facebook, I would award more places in each of the age catagories, because there was some great costuming going on!!)

      From a shopping perspective, I was too busy between the show and my 7 mon. old to dig through any long boxes but I was able to procure some cool stuff from some of the small press publishers, Mary Monster from Jay Fife, Neverminds from Drumfish (Rich Bernatovich/Jamie Fay & Rey Arzeno) and a really cool Ntombinde Graphic Novel from Sterling Clark.
      and I got a Legion page from Wayne Faucher that made my whole weekend!

      How bout you guys??? any random observations about what you did, liked, hated....whatever.

      Patrick

      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "forgiona" <forgiona@...> wrote:

      > The vid link works for me in firefox. Maybe it's your browser
      >
      > P.A.T,
      > Do you know where any of the panel videos will be posted?
      > I think someone taped the Being Human.
      >
      > Great convention this year, I wish we had another show in September! ;)
      >
      > Any parting thoughts on this year's show?
      >
      > -A
      >
      > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, Wayne <hobanagarak@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Video doesn't seem to be working now (almost 7PM) so I'll try again later.

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic