2596Re: Question about donating to the Charity Auction

    May 24, 2010
      Of course your donation would be accepted and appreciated. You never know what someone might be interested in at an auction, and custom figures are something you don't see everyday. As far as which characters??? The sky is the limit, but generally the more mainstream the characters (DC or Marvel, some of the better known indy characters) are what sell best, but you can use your own discression. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask me.

      Thanks,

      Patrick

      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, wondergirl220@... wrote:

      > This year, I noticed that someone donated some custom Barbies for the auction. They also had a table at the convention with dolls on display, but I don't know if they were selling them. I think the one character was Witchblade, but I'm not sure about the other one.
      > I also make custom figures in various styles and was wondering if they would be accepted if I donated a few. If they would, what would be a good format? Which characters would probably be most desirable? I know that original art and unusual pieces by well-known artists and writers seem to get the most bids, but I'd love to contribute too.
      > Amy

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic