2583R.I.P. Frank Frazetta

  • Todd James
    May 10, 2010
      In case anyone has missed it, we lost one of the greats in the field today, Frank Frazetta. It is kind of funny, they say that these kind of things run threes. We lost Dick Giordano a short time ago and now Mr. Frazetta. I never got the chance to visit the museum in Eastern PA, now, I wish I had. It was only recently, within the last 10-15 years or so, that I came to appreciate the level of Mr. Frazetta's talent. I admired his art, but I never truly appreciated it. It wasn't until I began to see comic and fantasy art as true art, and much of that has to do with being a part of the Comicon since the beginning, that I really began to appreciate the 'art' of this industry. Everyone knows Mr. Frazetta's 'Death Dealer' paintings, and have seen his pieces in various magazines, on album covers, and on book jackets. Once you actually see the original work, the actual canvas, the actual hand-created vision in color, it makes you feel as if you are in
      front of a piece of work on loan from the Met or Louvre. I hope that his legacy will continue to live on through his art and our appreciation of it.