      From: James Rowe <pestilence15052@...>
      Subject: Re: [pittscomicon] Re: Pittsburgh ComiCon Plan
      To: pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, February 26, 2010, 3:29 AM

      I remember some artist limited the number of sigs per person and I think this guy was in the line with some long boxes. He'd get ten signed and have to go to the back of the line.

      Darth Stewie

      James

      From: Donnie <wildstorm3@yahoo. com>
      Subject: [pittscomicon] Re: Pittsburgh ComiCon Plan
      To: pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Thursday, February 25, 2010, 10:31 PM

      Oh don't get me started on signing. I remember the first show I went to about 5 years ago and Bendis was there. I was fourth in line and it took me about 45 minutes to get 3 books signed. The person that was second had 2, yes 2, LONG boxes of books for him to sign. And it wasn't like it was a whole run of Ultimate Spiderman. It was multiple copies of a few books like 30 New Avengers 1, Ultimate Spiderman Annual 1, etc.

      As for Frenz, I can't really blame him if it was an adult, but a kid? And I love the choice of artists this year. I am a huge Top Cow fan so meeting Benitez and Queen is great. Also meeting Balent and Holly is always enjoyable. Also the free sketches Balent does are great. I still have all my sketches and will never sell them.

      --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, James Powell <rally_monkey_ boy@...> wrote:

      > I'm really surprised to hear about Frenz being rude.  I've been coming to the comicon since 2002 and every dealing I had with Frenz has been a really good one.  I always thought he was a class act.  Me and my son have received many quick sketches from him.  Great guy!  I think a lot of artist are cautious to do detailed FREE sketches these days because so many folks turn around the next day and post it on ebay.  Kind of the same thing that killed getting FREE autographes from athletes.
      >
      > I'm a so-so Hughes fan.  I love his art and had a few good experiences with him.  He's always been cool to talk to and he even did a free sketch for my son.  The reason i say so-so, i've been on his sketch list four times and never received a sketch.  I was even first in line.  I hate how he jumps around on his list, so you never know if you are going to get a sketch.  This ties up your money all weekend, where i could have gotten another commission or bought Amazing Spidey 129.  I rather Hughes just cut off the list and say sorry i'm booked this weekend.
      >
      > While everyone is griping :)  I have to air a pet-peve...I really hate when you are standing in line to get some comics signed and the person in front of you has a short-box of comics that needs signed.  I really think if there a line for that artist, there needs to be a limit on signed items.  I've seen a few artist do this.  I have no problem you getting 10 things signed, and then go get back in line.  I just had it because you know those folks are just getting the books signed to re-sale.

    • Show all 57 messages in this topic