2286...and WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!

    Sep 27, 2009
      Hellboypi guested correctly with ROY THOMAS.

      He is a "logical choice to follow Stan Lee" because he followed Stan as his successor as E.I.C. of Marvel. Brief highlights of Roy's career, include:
      Marvel E.I.C.
      Writer of the Classic Kree-Skrull War
      Writer of Marvel's Conan, The X-Men, The Defenders, Man-Thing and others.
      Writer of DC's All Star Squadron, Infinity Inc, and much much more.

      Thank You all for playing. (although I'm sorry Hellpoypi got it so soon because I had at least four more clues in mind.)

      You all had some great guesses, but I do want to address one of the guesses while I'm at it. Many of you guessed Ditko. Steve Ditko is a person we have tried to get for sixteen years. He was originally from Johnstown and we have contact with various family members of the legend but conventions just aren't something Steve is interested in doing. Trust me we have tried. He is just a private person and comic conventions would be against his nature. We hope that someday he changes his mind, but after sixteen years of trying, I wouldn't hold my breath.

      Anyway, I'll drop you a line once I get the website updated for 2010.

      Thanks,

      Patrick A. Thomas
      Marketing Director - Pittsburgh Comicon

      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "hellboypi" <HELLBOYPI@...> wrote:

      > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "comiconguy" <patlqp@> wrote:
      > > HINT NUMBER ONE: This guest is a logical choice to follow Stan Lee.
      > >
      > > Guess Away,
      > >
      > > Patrick
      > >

      > Well, Roy Thomas makes sense.
      >
      > Or maybe Dick Giordano to add to a possible 25th Crisis Anniversary celebration?

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic