2244Re: [pittscomicon] Re: Suggestions of Guest

  • dlanning75@yahoo.com
    Sep 16, 2009
      A wrestling show has worked well for other cons, maybe they should have one there as well.

      From: clarke wiggins
      Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 09:50:03 -0700 (PDT)
      To: <pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [pittscomicon] Re: Suggestions of Guest

      i agree. i don't think wrestlers would be a good idea, but something like people from shows like Smallville, or something like that might work.

      From: Shawn Williams <kwip@neenerneener. net>
      To: pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Wednesday, September 16, 2009, 8:45 AM

      Amen to the Browncoats - they have a HUGE following, and would be
      perfect for this audience. Likewise voice actors (or even regular
      actors from sci-fi/fantasy features). I'm much more hesitant about the
      wrestlers, reality tv stars, MMA fighters, anyone involved in
      Twilight. One of my favorite things about Pitt is that it is a
      *comics* con, not a popular media flavor-of-the- week con. (Although I
      did miss Fat Momma!) I don't know, I don't mean to be a nerd elitist,
      but with every other con focusing more on that stuff, it just makes
      Pittsburgh shine that much brighter to me.

      On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 8:15 AM, Joe Patrick <brandysdad_2000@ yahoo.com> wrote:

      > Any 'Browncoat' from Firefly, preferably either Jewel Staite or Summer Glau, but even Ron Glass or Alan Tudyk if any are available.  Even though the show didnt last for an entire season, there is a very loyal following for the show and the actors that were on it.

    • Show all 28 messages in this topic