1957Just A Quick Note to Add to The Hotel Discussion

    May 5, 2009
      Hey Folks,

      I know you guys have been discussing the hotel stuff here for the last two weeks or so but I just wanted to post this email that is going out to subscribers in the next day or so. When the website is updated it will have the same list of hotels from below with rate information.

      Thanks and Talk to you soon,

      Important Hotel Information for Pittsburgh Comicon 2009

      The 2009 Comicon will be without our usual host hotel. The Radisson (soon to be the Doubletree) which was to be completed September 1st is now not opening until closer to December. Although inconvenient, we are forging ahead using other local hotels. We will be booking the majority of our guests and staff in The Hampton Inn and The Holiday Inn, but I have listed other hotels in the area below. If you get on our website under Show Info, http://www.pittsburghcomicon.com/showinfo.html the hotels are all listed with their amenities and rate information. (please note the rate information is the best we can currently provide but is subject to change).

      All the hotels listed will be serviced by the Convention Bureau's Shuttle which will be taking people back and forth from the Hotels to the Convention Center all weekend long. We will also have transportation in place for our guests to get them from the hotel to the Convention Center. We are sorry about the inconvenience and we look forward to returning to the Doubletree (formerly the Radisson) in 2010.

      Here is the list of hotels for your convenience,

      Hampton Inn
      3000 Mosside Blvd
      Monroeville PA 15146
      Personalized Hampton/Comicon Web-Address: http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/groups/personalized/PITMVHX-PGH-20090910/index.jhtml

      Holiday Inn
      2750 Mosside Blvd
      Monroeville PA 15146

      Courtyard Marriott
      3962 William Penn Highway
      Monroeville PA 15146

      Comfort Suites
      2731 Mosside Blvd
      Monroeville PA 15146

      Mariott's Springhill Suites
      122 Daugherty Dr
      Monroeville PA 15146

      Days Inn
      2727 Mosside Blvd
      Monroeville PA 15146

      Red Roof Inn
      729 Mosside Blvd
      Monroeville PA 15146

      Extended Stay America
      3851 Northern Pike
      Monroeville PA 15146
      412-856-8400 $74.99

      Ok now with that out of the way, I'll be back in touch soon with more convention news.

      and since we are in May, don't forget about:

      The Pittsburgh Comics and Collectibles Show
      May 31st from 11-5 inside Pittsburgh's Century III Mall
      hosted by our good friends at New Dimension Comics
      For details, please visit www.ndcomics.com

      Thank You,

      Patrick A. Thomas
      Marketing Director - Pittsburgh Comicon