      From: bsimon9427@... <bsimon9427@...>
      Subject: Re: [pittscomicon] steel city con
      To: pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, April 26, 2009, 5:13 PM

      i was there in costume. there was alot of people there but not alot of people buying stuff. i was there sat all day in costume, a new gi joe one i worked up. met alot of cool people and a ton of people asked me to take pix with them or their kids which is way cool. some even thought i worked there  lol oh and whoever was in the Baroness costume i have to give you much credit for that thing! it was really good, had alot of artists asking me either where you were or are we together  lol  guess its a gi joe thing

      i have two friends who own comic shops and they had booths there. they both said Friday they did ok biznez but sat sucked and they didnt hold out hope for sunday. most of the people were there to see the wwf guy and that c3p0 dude. HUGE lines for them. i spoke with one person in line for c3pO and he said he waited in line almost 2 hours <he wasnt sure bc he forgot just how long he had waited bc he said it took forever>. tho from what i hear the guy was super cool. he got there on time and stayed till the last second signing stuff.
      at one point someone came in a awesome c3pO costume and the guy came out from behind his table and posed for like 5 min with him while people snapped shots. was really neat bc they both were like the same height and everything. no one had anything bad to say about him so that kinda makes up for the long lines i guess. i for one wasn't in it, not a huge SW fan. i'm into gi joe mostly.

      sad note was the lines totally covered all the other stars there and at some point the lines were up against the other peoples tables making it hard to even see anyone was back there, later the lines got pushed away, at that point i walked up to all the booths and spoke with them for awhile. super nice people, feel kinda bad no one was giving them any love. the females were all smoking hot and super friendly and nice to chat with. boomer was great to with his stories and such. if anyone missed the other stars they really missed out. they had the two big guests pretty much in the middle separated by 1 or 2 tables. i think they should have been on opposite ends or something to free up the other guests so they got some face time with the crowd also. was kinda hard to even see their banners and im 6'6".

      i got more stories but thats the jist of it. all in all i had a good time talking with the guests and artists, all the picture taking and what not. even found the one thing i was looking for and alot less then i was expecting to pay. all in all a good time even if i had to cram on that school bus to get there from the other parking lot in the field. and i got there at 1030, they opened at 10. from what i hear their next one is in dec and will at the new expo mart.

      i forgot my camera and didnt go today in my other costume bc its to hot and that place was boiling at one point yesterday and didnt get much better even after they turned a fan on so if anyone has a pic of me or of anyone else send me a copy so i can put it on my Pgh Comicon Myspace site.

      thanks!

      In a message dated 4/26/2009 12:06:40 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, lisad_2711@yahoo. com writes:

      Wow...

      Thanks for making me feel so good!   (Finances are keeping me from appearing as her this year!  Maybe next year I'll get to go!)
      ~L.

      From: bsimon9427@aol. com
      Subject: [pittscomicon] steel city con
      To: pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Wednesday, April 22, 2009, 7:37 PM

      anyone going to this?

      Big savings on Dell XPS Laptops and Desktops!

    • Show all 29 messages in this topic