1833Re: [pittscomicon] News from the Comicon Front

    Jan 2, 2009
      I dont know what everyone is thinking about this news, but I for one think of it as a positive. I look forward to it, and with the knowledge of it being 5 months later all of us lurking  in this group can plan our finances accordingly(which is a plus for this guy). So I say, CON! September11,12,13th works just fine for me.

      From: comiconguy <patlqp@...>
      To: pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, January 2, 2009 3:18:09 PM
      Subject: [pittscomicon] News from the Comicon Front

      Hello folks,

      I can always count on you guys to be about a week ahead of me when I
      want to make an announcement. I know I have been incommunicado for a
      while and for good reason. We are indeed as rumored changing our
      dates for 2009. I wish I could have told you all sooner but we wanted
      to make sure all the contracts were signed before we announced new
      dates. (I didn't want to have to announce new dates, have them fall
      through and change dates again) The new dates for 2009 will be
      September 11, 12 and 13 2009. As mused about on the board, it is
      indeed due to the fact that our hotel and our convention hall just
      won't be finished in time for an April Show. The good news for me is
      for the first time in the last 15+ years, I won't have to work
      straight through my birthday. My birthday always falls as I am trying
      to finish the convention newspaper. Anyhow, the official statement as
      it is being sent out can be found below. Anyone that wishes to post
      it elsewhere or forward it on to others, feel free.

      I hope you are all not too disappointed about a 5 month delay, (but
      the one thing comic fans know about is delays, we should be just in
      time for the last issue of Final Crisis.) We are very excited about
      our new venue and the opportunities a September show will bring.

      Wishing You All A Bright and Happy New Year,

      See Official Statement Below:

      We at The Pittsburgh Comicon have a major announcement about our 2009
      show. After sixteen years of holding our convention in April,
      circumstances have caused us to have to move the dates of our 2009
      show from April 24, 25 and 26, 2009 to September 11, 12 & 13, 2009.
      As you may have heard in previous announcements, the Pittsburgh
      Comicon is slated to move to a new venue in 2009, (The NEW Monroeville
      Exposition Center), unfortunately the Center just won't be ready in
      time for our April dates. Likewise the host hotel, The Radisson
      Hotel-Monroeville is also going through renovations and they weren't
      going to be able to handle thousands of rabid comics fans by April
      either. So after much negotiations with the venue and the host hotel
      as well as surveying the comic landscape for good dates that didn't
      clash with any other established conventions, we decided on the
      September dates. (Sept. 11-13). What does this mean for you comics
      fans out there?! Well for one thing, we'll be able to approach new
      guests that were never able to make it for an April show. Other than
      that you can expect the same kind of love and devotion we've had for
      comics since our inception in 1993. We were disappointed that we
      couldn't keep our April dates, because the Pittsburgh Comicon has been
      like a rite of Spring for many, but we are excited about the brand
      spanking new venue and having the ability to bring in some new guests
      that Pittsburgh Comicon fans haven't had the opportunity to meet
      before. As for vendors that pre-paid at the end of our 2008 show for
      our 2009 show, we are still holding booths for you for our new
      convention dates and we hope that you will all continue to support us.
      Vendors and artists that want more details about our September dates
      can contact the Comicon office at 814-467-4116 or you can email us at
      pcomicon@floodcity. net. Our website ( www.pittsburghcomic on.com ) is
      in the process of being updated with our new dates, new contracts for
      vendors and artists, and maps of the new venue. All that information
      should be up in the next week or two. Keep checking the website for
      the latest announcements concerning guests and events for our
      September show. We are looking forward to a great show in September
      and can only hope you will all continue to support us during our change.

      Thank You,

      Patrick A. Thomas
      Marketing Director - Pittsburgh Comicon

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic