1812Re: Convicted Sex Offender Working with Tekkoshocon

  • Ed Beard Jr.
    Dec 8, 2008
      This is a serious accusation and even more concerning is the potential
      leagal and harmful exposure that minors attending Pitt con and the
      anime room might be subject to.

      We went to the "VA State Offender Registry" and typed in his name
      under name search for ALL offenders, as you list it here.

      Here is what we came up with:

      "This search allows you to find offenders by name. Enter the name of
      an offender or his alias and click on the Search button on the bottom
      of the screen. You may also use wild cards if you know the partial
      name of an offender.

      No offenders found. The search criteria did not match any offender in
      our database. Please try different search criteria."

      We tried multiple times under a number of combination and still the VA
      State Registry of sex offenders came up with no compatible match to
      Christopher Dalton.

      Can you be more specific to how and where we can verify this info.
      Your link simply shows a Photo with NO name identification and could
      be anyone.

      We need to have undisputable and trackable facts to present to Renee
      George in order to make sure this type of offender is not allowed to
      attend the show in that capacity.

      Thank You

      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "axxinjaxxin" <axxinjaxxin@...>
      wrote:

      > Anyone who knows me knows that I bear a VERY deep grudge over some
      > off-color and untrue comments about being a sex offender that were made
      > about me several years ago by another staff member of Tekkoshocon that
      > led to my resignation from staff and subsequent self-imposed ban from
      > their con.
      >
      > For those that don't know, Tekkoshocon is the Anime convention in
      > Pittsburgh held every year, most recently at the ExpoMart and Radisson
      > Greentree. Members of their staff also ran the anime room at Comicon
      > (just to give a little bit of a tie-in). Tekkoshocon has always
      > billed themselves as a kid-friendly con, with their average age of
      > attendees in their mid to late teens (hence why I've always called it
      > Kiddiecon).
      >
      > WELL, earlier this evening, I was contacted by a friend of mine who
      > was also an attendee at Tekkoshocon and was also shunned away from the
      > con by staff of the con. It turns out that one of the more senior
      > staffers from Tekkoshocon, Christopher Dalton, aka EncodedFate, aka
      > Fate, actually IS a convicted sex offender and was putting himself in
      > VERY close contact with children at this con. He was working as a
      > webmaster and second-level staffer for the con.
      >
      > Here's the information:
      > First Name: CHRISTOPHER
      > Middle Name: L
      > Last Name: DALTON
      >
      > Conviction
      > Conviction date not reported
      > SEXUAL ABUSE OF A CHILD
      > Offender's age at conviction not reported
      > Source of Information: VA State Offender Registry
      >
      > http://vspimages.vsp.virginia.gov/images/014557-02.jpg
      > <http://vspimages.vsp.virginia.gov/images/014557-02.jpg>
      >
      > Where I'm going with this, is there any way we can ban this guy from our
      > con? Even though we don't have that many kids at our con, because of
      > his ties to the guys in the anime room (if we're even having that next
      > year after what happened this year), I don't think he should be
      > permitted on premises where we could even have a problem with him.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Rich

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic