18Re: Hi, everyone.

  • Kerry
    Feb 4, 2005
      I've been going for that last 7-8 years and have never seen artists
      pushed into a back corner (maybe some of the independent
      pusblishers), but they have all been easy to find.

      I can understand not wanting kids to see the models or Playmates,
      but yet it's ok to take them around and look at the DRAWINGS of half
      nude or nude woman. Yes, I know, most artists have them covered up a
      bit, but still a nude woman is a nude woman, and the way alot of
      these wonderful artists are, it's hard to tell a pic from a drawing.
      Plus, alot of the artists use Playmates or other models as their
      inspiration. Dave Nester comes to mind.

      KH

      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Dirk...Dirk Diggler"
      <datlocolatino@y...> wrote:

      > I just wanted to say since this is my first post. I've been
      > attending 5 going on 6 years now, and I look forward to it every
      > year. Ive convinced many of my friends to tag along over the
      years,
      > and i believe I have 3 newbies coming this year.
      > The guest list is looking good. Many great artists, actors,
      > writers, etc seem to be signing on. Thats a plus. The games (even
      > though theyre not my bag), contests, and all the events look
      great,
      > but I've never had enough time to do them. I only hope that Ernie
      > Hudson is not the guest of honor, and we can have someone that
      > actually has something to do with comics for GOH. Brian Bendis
      hasnt
      > been here for 4 years now, and with all the books hes writing, it
      > would be quite the draw.
      > I only have 2 major complaints about the Comicon. 10 I know it
      must
      > be expensive to run something like this, but the ticket cost has
      > been inflating over the past few years that its a turn-off for
      > people new to this. Who wants to pay 17 bucks for something you
      have
      > no idea how much fun it will be? 2) Ive talked to quite a few
      > people, and we all agree that the porn/ nudie models need to go.
      > They take up valuable space while all these great artists are
      pushed
      > to the back corner. Most of them NEED the airbrushing and, to be
      > honest, most of the people that flock to these girls creep me out.
      > Parents dont want to take their kids to see that type of s--t.
      > I hope everyone has a great time this year.
      > Oh, and whoever said they were a Ghostbuster last year, your
      costume
      > rocked.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic