1784Re: [pittscomicon] Re: Same three days?

    Oct 30, 2008
      not to mention steel city wasn't the big blow out people had hoped for. i know a few people who had booths out there and said biznez was way down compared to the last one in monroeville. i know pisa is expanding their parking lot so that will help some but from what i was told steel city has booked pisa for the next 2-3 yrs and in the contract no other con of the same type is allowed to set up there.
      so with sales down for vendors and artists why would they want to set something up on the same day as its biggest rival? only thing i can think of is due to pisa being a sports arena that's the only time they can be fit in and still be with in their contracts.

      In a message dated 10/30/2008 2:52:53 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, artofedbeard@... writes:
      As always and God willing I will be their for my fans and the Make-A-
      Wish foundation however,this is the most unintelligent business move
      I have ever heard of. It's not going to take any of the guests away
      from Comicon but it will split both shows attendance thus hurting
      both shows in the specific cross over of fans that both share. I
      can't believe that Steel City was not offered an alternative date.
      It's my understanding that Pitt Con's dates have been set in stone
      since April.

      What on earth was Steel City thinking? The economy sucks as it is, in
      PA. Neither show can flourish without the max attendance allocated
      for one show at a time.

      Bad business decision.

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic