1634My 2 cents about the group.

  • norvandell
    Aug 12, 2008
      I'll take some shit from a few people, but what the hell.

      I feel that there is too much pissing and moaning going on around
      here, not to mention that the group usually is slow this time of year
      anyway.

      Granted there is some people who are coming along and spamming, but
      is it really that bad, that you can't click on the email and report
      it as junk, or even a phishing scam?.

      Someone has started another group on Google. While thats all well and
      good, now anyone who wants to be apart of the group, now has to go on
      to Google and go through the whole process of joining and the like.
      WHy hasn't anyone who has the time to make their own group, offer to
      take over this one, and take care of the nonsense.

      About the only time I ever come around, is when I see news and any
      changes being made for the show, mainly 2 or 3 months before the con,
      and a month or 2 after. Otherwise, there are other groups I belong to
      who can do pretty much what everyone else is doing now.

      I don't know how many people really want to leave just because of a
      few spammers, but from what I can tell, it seems to be a few to ten
      people who are doing the most complaining.

      Think about this to, since some of you are posting about starting or
      joining a group elsewhere, don't think that those spammers aren't
      ready those posts, and wont find you and come around. Yes, I'm sure
      the group mod for Google will do a fine job at first, but what
      happens when the same thing starts there.

      For me, this group and where it is, is just fine. I like Sin's
      suggestion, and just spam the spammers, give them a taste of their
      own medicine.

      Just delete the spam and move on to the worth while posts.

      Tod Allen Smith
      Altoona Pa.
      artist for Star Wars and Marvel.
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic