1631Re: [pittscomicon] Moving to Google

  • Shawn Williams
    Aug 12, 2008
      That's a very valid point - like I said, I just wanted to get a group
      going since nobody else was doing so. And my preference is always for
      Google over Yahoo - but I have identities for both sites, so either
      works for me. I only care that we do what we can to block spammers and
      cut down on the signal-to-noise ratio!

      Shawn

      On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 2:36 PM, Andrew Harmon
      <aharmon@...> wrote:
      > I joined up (BarryA) but it got me wondering...this may require people to
      > create Google accounts that don't have one and may not want to. Should it
      > stay in Yahoo Groups out of convenience to the members?
      >

      > On Tue Aug 12 14:26 , 'Shawn Williams' sent:
      >
      > Howdy folks - I'm not at all trying to usurp anyone here or snipe
      > anyone's efforts, I'm just sick of the spam (like everyone else).
      > Also, I'm a big fan of Google over Yahoo, so I created a group for us
      > over at Google Groups:
      > http://groups.google.com/group/pittscomicon
      >
      > I will GLADLY promote new group admins from the old group - like I
      > said, I'm not trying to swipe authority or anything, I just have the
      > time and ability to make a new group and have done so. If someone gets
      > a group going before me and we need to dissolve this group/create a
      > new one, that's fine.
      >
      > In the interim, I'll also see about migrating as much of the data
      > (pics) from the old group to this one.
      >
      > If you've already started a group and I missed it, please let me know
      > and I'll dissolve this one asap.
      >
      > Thanks!
      > Shawn

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic