1449Re: Guests you would like to see in 2009...

  • batmiteforever
    May 17, 2008
      Michael Keaton is from the burgh and comes back now and again. I know
      dream big right....but my boss knows his sister. I'll see if he can
      get me some contact info...I was telling Glenn at the store today
      about it. (I should point out I have been begging my boss to get an
      autograph for me for 2 years and counting)--- In
      pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "comiconguy" <patlqp@...> wrote:

      > Now this I like. I like seeing you all so involved!!!! Keep the
      > suggestions coming and if you have contact info for the guests you
      are
      > interested in let us know that as well. (If you don't want to post
      > that info you can send it directly to me.)
      >
      > Let me take a minute to talk about media guests...
      >
      > There are some things we always have to take into consideration when
      > it comes to media guests:
      > They are expensive. It is so hard to get the money out of a media
      > guest that you put into them and of course the more popular they are
      > the more we have to pay. It is a delicate balancing act business
      wise.

      > There are tons of media guests I'd love to see in Pittsburgh that we
      > just can't afford, however there are a couple of guests I'd like to
      > see us work on because of their ties to the Burgh:
      >
      > Zachary "Sylar" Quinto from Heroes is a Greentree Native who
      graduated
      > from Central Catholic and Carnegie Melon.
      >
      > Julie (buffy/angel/dexter) Benz is a Pittsburgh/Murrysville Girl
      >
      > Author Michael Chabon (The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay) is
      > another person I'd love to have.
      >
      > They would be generally out of our price range for Media guests but
      > maybe we could get a reduced rate since we are bringing them "Home".
      >
      > So I'm putting it out there to you -The Pittsburgh Comicon
      Faithful.
      > If any of you would know of any contact info for either them or
      their
      > representation. Let me know.
      >
      > Keep the suggestions coming. And if you know of other possible
      guests
      > with Pittsburgh ties let me know.
      >
      > Also keep an eye out for Movie Production Schedules. I try to stay
      in
      > know about movie productions going on during our Show dates, but if
      > you see something that is going on that would bring possible guests
      > the Burgh. Keep me informed.
      >
      > I'd like to be able to benefit from all of your knowledge and
      passion.

      > Patrick
      > Marketing Director
      > Pittsburgh Comicon