1445Re: Guests you would like to see in 2009...

  • batmiteforever
    May 16 9:11 AM
      fyi..
      Artist Gene Colan has been suffering from liver failure for the past
      several weeks. "Spoke with Gene this evening," Clifford Meth has
      posted on his blog. "He was exhausted but very optimistic." But his
      wife, Adrienne, wrote Meth, "The complications are very nasty. This
      week it's fluid retention and encephalitis. He's on powerful meds
      now to diminish the symptoms."

      Colan, of course, worked in comics beginning in the mid-1940s, with
      fans today most familiar with his work on Daredevil, Tomb of
      Dracula, and Howard the Duck.

      Meth is in the midst of preparations to auction comics-oriented
      material on the Colans' behalf. Check his blog to support the effort
      to help the couple.

      ..--- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "batmiteforever"
      <batmiteforever@...> wrote:

      > Oh don't get me started....Neal Adams, Frank Brunner, Gene Colan
      > (although I hear his health is bad), Jerry Robinson, Dick
      > Giordano...enough for now :)--- In
      > pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "uss_escort" <uss_escort@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hey folks. How about starting a list of creators you would like
      > > see at the 2009 Pittsburgh Comicon. The upcoming con season is
      when
      > > the troops go out and recruit for next year's show.

    • Show all 27 messages in this topic