1444Re: Guests you would like to see in 2009...

    May 16, 2008
      Now this I like. I like seeing you all so involved!!!! Keep the
      suggestions coming and if you have contact info for the guests you are
      interested in let us know that as well. (If you don't want to post
      that info you can send it directly to me.)

      Let me take a minute to talk about media guests...

      There are some things we always have to take into consideration when
      it comes to media guests:
      They are expensive. It is so hard to get the money out of a media
      guest that you put into them and of course the more popular they are
      the more we have to pay. It is a delicate balancing act business wise.

      There are tons of media guests I'd love to see in Pittsburgh that we
      just can't afford, however there are a couple of guests I'd like to
      see us work on because of their ties to the Burgh:

      Zachary "Sylar" Quinto from Heroes is a Greentree Native who graduated
      from Central Catholic and Carnegie Melon.

      Julie (buffy/angel/dexter) Benz is a Pittsburgh/Murrysville Girl

      Author Michael Chabon (The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay) is
      another person I'd love to have.

      They would be generally out of our price range for Media guests but
      maybe we could get a reduced rate since we are bringing them "Home".

      So I'm putting it out there to you -The Pittsburgh Comicon Faithful.
      If any of you would know of any contact info for either them or their
      representation. Let me know.

      Keep the suggestions coming. And if you know of other possible guests
      with Pittsburgh ties let me know.

      Also keep an eye out for Movie Production Schedules. I try to stay in
      know about movie productions going on during our Show dates, but if
      you see something that is going on that would bring possible guests to
      the Burgh. Keep me informed.

      I'd like to be able to benefit from all of your knowledge and passion.

      Marketing Director
      Pittsburgh Comicon
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic