1363Re: [pittscomicon] My Time at Comicon

  • Jim Balent Studios
    Apr 29, 2008
      it was groovy seein ya Troy!

      Troy wrote:

      I had a wonderful time at the con. I did get to meet some of you.
      Duggerocks was in my hotel. I used priceline and got the room for
      $50/night. I think some of you remember me from the quick sketch. 1st
      time I introduced myself nice and loud, 2nd time I did a quick speech
      about the CBLD and held up the first two pictures, the 3rd time I won
      the dragon is hungry but friendly picture.

      The con was slow on the first day but that is to be expected because
      people just getting in and setting up. I spent a long time in line
      with Jim Balent getting a sketch but it was worth it. Sal Buscema
      even did a second signing time when he was only scheduled for one and
      was doing sketches.

      The games were fun. I sang a couple of songs at karaoke, tripled up
      on the color wheel, and did ok in the trivia game. I even tried out
      for a tv show.

      One of the best things about this year's con was the caps. That was a
      great idea to have them for the auction. It was great for us fan who
      are on a budget to be able to participate in the auction and actually
      be able to win something. Many qukdoos to the idea person for that.

      Ok, I am rambling on to much. A great weekend was had by me and my
      friend. And here is one final story, to express what a great con this
      is and why I am coming back every year. My friend asked Chris Moreno
      to do a quick sketch of the Bone characters pimped out. She brought
      raffle tickets and hoped for the best. She didn't win and was hoping
      to buy the sketch from the winner or trade. At first he was unsure
      what he was going to do, but at the end of the quick sketch he gave
      it to her with no strings attached. He said he has been very lucky at
      the con and wanted to share. She was very thankful and said she would
      buy him $10 of raffle tix at the next quick sketch. She did and he
      got there late and she gave him the tixs and he won a sketch.

      This is why I will always have a special place in my heart for the
      Pittsburgh Comic Con. It is more about the friendly people than the
      comics or signatures.

      Troy aka Sugarlandkid13

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic