1211Re: who going to the Steel City Con. and/or Tekkoshocon

  • lothk67
    Mar 25, 2008
      Thank you Kirisawa for this post. I was definitely not suggesting
      that we could not make constructive criticism at all.

      I also read Patrick's post from Pittsburgh Comicon and am glad that
      we all seem to share a like-minded thought that this forum is a great
      way for Pittsburgh comicon supporters to meet and discuss the show
      good or bad but at least keep it within the limits as listed in the
      description.

      That all being said and done with...this sounds like another great
      year. I cannot believe that Brian from Ghost Hunters is going to be
      there. I personally love that show and TAPS and think this is so
      cool that the con reached out into a really different genre than
      comics and added another event that is really unique and fun.

      I always enjoy the regular guests, the sci-fi movie guests too.

      The other thing that I don't know that anyone else has posted about
      is that I really appreciate the fact that I have 2 children and feel
      so comfortable that they can roam all around the show without me, and
      be safe and have a ton of fun!!!

      Thanks again.

      > I see your point. I didn't take it as them saying they weren't going
      > to attend the comicon. Maybe they mentioned that in another post? It
      > still seems more of a casual slip of an opinion than a deliberate
      > anti-comicon argument, to me.
      >
      > Yes, we are completely unofficial, fan run, and have never claimed
      > be otherwise. I started this place because the official site didn't
      > have a forum where fans could voice their opinions, organize meet-
      ups,
      > etc. I told the comicon about it as soon as it was created (in
      2004).
      > The comicon was nice enough to link it from their home page later on
      > (perhaps 2005-2006, I don't remember exactly, but it wasn't that
      > recently).
      >
      > I spoke up because the way you worded your first post response made
      it
      > seem like any negative comments on the comicon should be taken
      > elsewhere and I thought it was important for everyone to know the
      > forum's official policy allows negative comments. I'm sorry if my
      > stepping in seemed bad considering recent events, and I realize the
      > post in question was not constructive criticism. I just wanted to be
      > sure we were clear that constructive crit is encouraged here. I
      admit
      > my usual mod activities only include deleting and banning spammers
      and
      > I rarely post myself. But I remain a fan of the comicon and
      certainly
      > plan to continue to attend.
      >
      > ~Your friendly neighborhood mod
      >
      > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "lothk67" <lothk67@> wrote:
      > >

      > > Well, I am copying the front paragraph of the home page of this
      forum:

      > > "Description
      > >
      > > This is a group for fans and attendees of the yearly Pittsburgh
      Comicon
> [...]
      attending
      > > their show or what you dislike about other shows that makes you
      want to
      > > attend theirs.
      > >
      > > You even state that "it seems to you, it is the person's opinion
      as to
      > > why they are attending another show"....that is not part of the
      > > description on the home page. It does not say this group is for
      posters
      > > who want to state their opinion of why they will not be attending
      > > Pittsburgh Comicon and want to attend another competing con in
      the area!
      > > (that would be just ridiculous to have wouldn't you agree?)
      > >
      > > No one else has done that from what I have read here. Someone
      simply
      > > posted a question as to whether or not any other fans and
      attendees that
      > > are part of this group will also be going to two other shows in
      the
      > > area. They did not ask "Why are you going to other shows and not
      > > Pittsburgh this year?" Other people also responded as to where
      they may
      > > be going and why, if they will be in the city, if they are ready
      etc.
      > > No one else felt the need to say anything about the Pitts show
      that
      > > turned them off and therefore they will go elsewhere. (if they
      had, I
      > > would be commenting to them too)
      > >
      > > Lastly, I wanted to comment about some research I did that
      responds to
      > > something Ed Beard said. I learned from Patrick Thomas that this
      forum
      > > has only recently been linked from the Pittsburgh Comicon
      official site
      > > and really is not controlled or moderated in any official
      capacity by
      > > the Pittsburgh Comicon staff. Ed appeared to be quite shocked
      that the
      > > moderator would come forward in defence of a rather negative
      comment,
      > > especially in trying times.
      > >
      > > -Thanks again.
      > >

      > > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Kirisawa Fuko" <fuko_chan@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Your friendly neighborhood mod here...this place has always
      been open
      > > > to both praise and gripes of the con. As it says (and always
      has) on
      > > > our main Yahoo page. If problems aren't brought up for
      discussion,
      > > > they may never be improved. Just wanted to clarify that.
      > > >
      > > > What was being stated there, seems to me to be an opinion of
      someone's
      > > > personal preference as a reason for attending another show. They
      > > > weren't even really griping, and far from outright insulting
      the con
      > > > or saying anyone shouldn't attend it for those reasons.

      What

      > > who
      PAY

      > > shoulder