1207Re: [pittscomicon] Re: who going to the Steel City Con. and/or Tekkoshocon

    Mar 24 6:30 PM
      I agree

      From: batmiteforever <batmiteforever@...>
      To: pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, March 24, 2008 3:11:19 PM
      Subject: [pittscomicon] Re: who going to the Steel City Con. and/or Tekkoshocon

      I gotta argree with Ed, I've thought for some time there are people
      schillin for other shows at the Pitt con's expense here. If I'm
      wrong appologies all around, but its the same people saying the same
      thing about the same shows.....Support all the pittsburgh shows and
      we all win in the end!--- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, "Ed Beard
      Jr." <artofedbeard@ ...> wrote:

      > --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, "Kirisawa Fuko" <fuko_chan@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Your friendly neighborhood mod here...this place has always been
      > open
      > > to both praise and gripes of the con. As it says (and always
      has) on
      > > our main Yahoo page. If problems aren't brought up for
      discussion,
      > > they may never be improved. Just wanted to clarify that.
      >

      > and that's a great policy and by all means keep those honest crits
      > coming. However "axxinjaxxin" has already established that he does
      > not go to the con and emphasizes that he prefers to go to a
      > competitor. That's a far cry from just voicing an opinion from
      > someone who has legitimate issues and would like those issues to
      > improve ( which is what constructive criticism is for).
      >

      > > What was being stated there, seems to me to be an opinion of
      some
      > one's
      > > personal preference as a reason for attending another show. They
      > > weren't even really griping, and far from outright insulting the
      con
      > > or saying anyone shouldn't attend it for those reasons.
      >
      > Here is the original quote:
      > But I'm definitely going to Steel City. They have better
      > shoulder
      >

      > If you can't see the lack of constructive crit and the back handed
      > promo for Steel City Con (it's a dead issue with someone who
      doesn't
      > even attend the show,) then you shouldn't be interjecting on this
      > issue. I'm not claiming that there was even "intent" to promote
      Steel
      > City Con, just that it appears that way the way it's presented.
      >
      > I personally think Mike and Renee have been through enough crap
      > lately with boards who "boast" about the competitors shows. We
      need a
      > MOD who is proactive to prevent this kind of "negative only"
      posting
      > that backhandedly promotes Steel City Con from NON attending
      posters.

      > The Mod's argument is seriously flawed, as There is NOTHING you
      can
      > do for someone who's claim for why they don't attend Pitt and
      boasts
      > about Steel City (which is a competitor)is that they don't like it
      > being "Shoulder to Shoulder" or they have) "better Bargains at
      Steel
      > City Con".
      >
      > Dealers and artists will sell their wears at whatever the market
      will
      > bear and NO CON can control that. Having the show so popular that
      > it's shoulder to shoulder.... is nothing any con will consider a
      > negative and thus not be an issue to address. Honestly I have not
      > seen Pitt shoulder to shoulder in a few years and wish it would be
      at
      > least from the artists perspective.
      >
      > People should be reminded that this forum is for people "who
      attend
      > the show" to discuss both PRO and CON issues. Instead of
      defending
      > negative posts with backhanded promos to competitors ( intended or
      > not). This board is hosted by the "Pittsburgh Comicon" after all
      and
      > not Steel City Con. The groups opening paragraph clearly states
      > that "This is a group for fans and attendees of the yearly
      Pittsburgh
> [...]
      > guardian's" so to speak, who's focus is to be proactive not
      passive,
      > especially during these trying times, in dealing with those who
      would
      > post any type of NON constructive comments, as well as promos for
      > other shows (whether deliberate or not.) Of course that should be
      the
      > Mods job.
      >
      > Lastly I'm very confident that "axxinjaxxin" is fully capable of
      > correcting any misunderstanding of his post if he felt there was a
      > misunderstanding. We (supporters of the CON) would all welcome
      that
      > clarification and to hear that he actually is attending the Con. I
      > know that Mike and Renee care about every concern that "attendees"
      > bring forth. So by all means PLEASE clarify.
      >
      > Let's all stick to the purpose and job at hand folks, and that is
      > support and promote the Pittsburgh Comicon. Constructive crits and
      > gripes ALWAYS welcome.
      >
      > Ed
      >

      > > --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, "lothk67" <lothk67@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi All, I have been a lurker for some time and hate to start
      my
      > > > posting on this group with a rant but...here goes!
      > > >
      > > > I think that "axxinjaxxin" should get his/her own group where
      you
      > can
      > > > post negatives about any show you want. It seems to me that
      the
      > > > thread here was started to just find out if others are going
      > those
      > > > shows. I did not read where anyone else promoted those other
      > shows by
      > > > talking down about Pittsburgh Comicon. Maybe I didn't read
      far
      > back
      > > > enough?
      > > >
      > > > Either way, if you don't like the Pittsburgh Comicon, find
      > somewhere
      > > > else to post your opinion, this Forum is for the Pittscomicon
      for
      > > > information about the show, meet-ups, etc. and not for
      possible
      > > > leeches who want to pull people away from Pittsburgh Comicon
      > go to
      > > > a competitor's show.
      > > >
      > > > Of course, the funniest part is that you talk about how there
      is
      > only
      > > > shoulder to shoulder room at Pittsburgh Comicon....that right
      > there
      > > > tells me it must be a GREAT show and what a TERRIFIC time I
      would
      > > > have there! If that many people are filling the place up,
      then
      > they
      > > > must know where to go to have a fun time. Also, it must be
      > something
      > > > the vendors and artists on this forum must love to hear!!!
      What
      > > > potential guest or vendor wouldn't love to know there will be
      > that
      > > > many people!
      > > >
      > > > As far as cost....well, I learned a long time ago from my
      parents
      > who
      > > > were penny pinchers this very good cliche', YOU GET WHAT YOU
      PAY