1199Re: who going to the Steel City Con. and/or Tekkoshocon

  • Kirisawa Fuko
    Mar 23, 2008
      Your friendly neighborhood mod here...this place has always been open
      to both praise and gripes of the con. As it says (and always has) on
      our main Yahoo page. If problems aren't brought up for discussion,
      they may never be improved. Just wanted to clarify that.

      What was being stated there, seems to me to be an opinion of someone's
      personal preference as a reason for attending another show. They
      weren't even really griping, and far from outright insulting the con
      or saying anyone shouldn't attend it for those reasons.

      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "lothk67" <lothk67@...> wrote:

      > Hi All, I have been a lurker for some time and hate to start my
      > posting on this group with a rant but...here goes!
      >
      > I think that "axxinjaxxin" should get his/her own group where you can
      > post negatives about any show you want. It seems to me that the
      > thread here was started to just find out if others are going to those
      > shows. I did not read where anyone else promoted those other shows by
      > talking down about Pittsburgh Comicon. Maybe I didn't read far back
      > enough?
      >
      > Either way, if you don't like the Pittsburgh Comicon, find somewhere
      > else to post your opinion, this Forum is for the Pittscomicon for
      > information about the show, meet-ups, etc. and not for possible
      > leeches who want to pull people away from Pittsburgh Comicon to go to
      > a competitor's show.
      >
      > Of course, the funniest part is that you talk about how there is only
      > shoulder to shoulder room at Pittsburgh Comicon....that right there
      > tells me it must be a GREAT show and what a TERRIFIC time I would
      > have there! If that many people are filling the place up, then they
      > must know where to go to have a fun time. Also, it must be something
      > the vendors and artists on this forum must love to hear!!! What
      > potential guest or vendor wouldn't love to know there will be that
      > many people!
      >
      > As far as cost....well, I learned a long time ago from my parents who
      > were penny pinchers this very good cliche', YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY
      > FOR. Cheaper never means better.
      >
      > So, thanks to the moderator for having this group where all of us
      > Pittsburgh Comicon followers who love the show and can't wait to be
      > there can talk about it.
      >
      > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "axxinjaxxin" <axxinjaxxin@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Tekkoshocon is for a much younger crowd than Comicon. Too many
      > > teenagers around for my liking. I won't be
      > > there. But I'm definitely going to Steel City. They have better
      > > bargains there than Comicon, in my opinion, and you're not shoulder
      > > shoulder all day.

    • Show all 27 messages in this topic