1190Re: Pittsburgh Comicon Update

  • Ed Beard Jr.
    Mar 22, 2008
      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "batmiteforever"
      <batmiteforever@...> wrote:

      > If you love this show get active, the vultures are all over the
      web.
      > Thank goodness for people Like Ed, Holly,Todd and now Mike
      Grell... -
      > http://www.mikegrell.com/mikegrell/ I hope more artists and fans
      > speak up.. I have never missed a Pitt con and wont start now!
      > Brian -- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "comiconguy" <patlqp@>
      > wrote:

      It's not surprising that there will be requests like the one Mike
      Grell received by this so called "fan" requesting guest artists to
      boycott the show. I for one saw this coming along time ago and
      wondered what took so long.

      If this is a genuine fan of Mike Grells, it just proves further, the
      result that comes from the newspapers and sensationalism performed by
      the DA. Anyone with an IQ of 3 could see that the prosecutions case
      was an entirely "circumstantial" plot.

      It's also not surprising to me that the DA managed to persuade these
      tainted 8 women (Baaaa)and 4 men (Baaaa) into a guilty verdict, heck
      there were newspapers in the deliberating room, yet another
      violation. I call folks like the ones who send these kind of
      letters "brainless sheep".

      It's not hard to imagine the thousands of sheep in the public who
      never question or evaluate anything in their every day lives, to take
      on this kind of an action.

      I have also seen this sort of tactic done time and time again by
      competitors that take every opportunity to capitalize on another cons
      bad PR to gain favor for their own con. It was done against
      (DragonCon years ago), So I never rule this out either.

      Although I can't figure who would be a competitor to the Pitt Con??
      anyone care to guess.

      I think it's blindingly clear what my stand on this issue has been
      from the start. So for anyone out there who desires to attempt to
      send me a letter like the one Mike Grell received, save your stamp
      because I'll just use it to light my fireplace.

      Again "innocent until PROVEN guilty by evidence my friends"

      Until we see something in FACT dept, I will continue to support the
      George Family, the Con, Make-A-Wish Foundation and the great people
      of Pittsburgh and vicinity (15 years and counting).

      Ed
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic