      From: batmiteforever <batmiteforever@ yahoo.com>
      To: pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com
      Sent: Sunday, March 2, 2008 3:17:11 PM
      Subject: [pittscomicon] Re: Comicon Update

      OK heres the thing.... all the vendors that do show up at the Con to
      sell you stuff come from different states, so why come to the Burgh?
      Because they know a couple thousand people from all over will be
      there. Are those people driving or flying in for the bargins or is it
      because of a guest or an artist they want to meet? Come on man you
      know the answer to that, if it wasnt for the guests would I drive to
      Baltimore from PA for a comic show? NO.....If there was a separte
      charge for artist alley and Frank Cho came back would you complain
      that you had to pay to meet one guy? Or would you be suggesting pay
      for each guest you want to meet? --- In
      pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, DUGGER <dugger_rockz@ ...> wrote:

      > GEEZ people, youre taking the posting to hard. save your money, go
      to san diego. every other con pails in comparison

      Steel city con with its one or
      > two artists and if your lucky maybe someone who was in a Star Wars
      > movie for half a second. Thats not a knock on Steel city I go to
      both
      > shows but to try and compare the two you must be smoking something
      > you should pass around. Steel city guest wise is no where near PGH
      > Con, so I'm sure the overhead cost is a lot less. Yeah it hurts
      > paying 18 bucks to get in but to me the trade off out ways that
      cost.
      > I'm the other end of the spectrum I collect artwork and enjoy
      meeting
      > the people who create the books and characters I enjoy. There is a
      > thrill in discovering a self published book that is actually
      better
      > than what the main steam companies churn out. If I was only there
      for
      > the dollar bins I probably would stay home or surf ebay. So you
      save
      > your $18.00 bucks and I'll tell Jim, Holly and the people who put
      on
      > the show thanks!
      > --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com,Donald Hargnett
      > <donaldbain@ ...> wrote:
      > >
      > > That's nice but how about taking $8 off the entry price? How
      about
      > > charging that $8 to get into the artist area? How about getting
      > new
      > > vendors so we don't have 5 tables of bootleg DVDs and a guy
      selling
      > > basement water proofing?
      > >
      > > There's too much emphasis on the artist alley and guests and not
      > enough
      > > on the vendors. I go to find stuff I can't get at the local
      shop
      > and
      > > dig through the bargain bins. The only artist I ever went to
      see
      > was
      > > Frank Cho and he hasn't been a guest in years. If the guests
      are
      > such
      > > a draw then the fee to see them won't be an issue and it'll draw
      > more
      > > people, like me, who want to just browse the dealer area.
      > >
      > > I've gone to every Con so far. This will be the first one I've
      > missed
      > > and it's due to the over inflated entry fee and lack of new
      > sellers.
      > > Does anyone else feel this way or and I the Lone Ranger here?
      > >
      > > Donald
      > >

      > > > :
      > > >
      > > > • How about Battlestar Galactica's Chief Tyrol, Aaron Douglas
      > > > appearing for the first time in Pittsburgh?
      > > >
      > > > • and How about Ghost Hunter International' s Brian Harnios?
      > > >
      > > > • Lastly from the media guest category, we have: "Fighting
      Crime
      > > > One-Donut at a Time", Who Wants to Be A Superhero's Fat Momma;
      > > >
      > > > We have also added 40+ others guests from throughout the
      comics
      > > > industry.
      > > >
      > > > Two guests that made it just a smidge too late to be
      includedin
      > the
      > > > flyer, include:
      > > >
      > > > • Writer of Guy Gardner, Wyonna Earp and the new 24:Cold
      Warriors