1132Re: [pittscomicon] Comicon Update

  • Jim Balent Studios
    Mar 1, 2008
      someone's gumpy-wumpy

      Donald Hargnett wrote:
      That's nice but how about taking $8 off the entry price?  How about
      charging that $8 to get into the artist area?  How about getting new
      vendors so we don't have 5 tables of bootleg DVDs and a guy selling
      basement water proofing?
      There's too much emphasis on the artist alley and guests and not enough
      on the vendors.  I go to find stuff I can't get at the local shop and
      dig through the bargain bins.  The only artist I ever went to see was
      Frank Cho and he hasn't been a guest in years.  If the guests are such
      a draw then the fee to see them won't be an issue and it'll draw more
      people, like me, who want to just browse the dealer area.
      I've gone to every Con so far.  This will be the first one I've missed
      and  it's due to the over inflated entry fee and lack of new sellers.
      Does anyone else feel this way or and I the Lone Ranger here?
       • How about Battlestar Galactica's Chief Tyrol, Aaron Douglas
       appearing for the first time in Pittsburgh?
       • and How about Ghost Hunter International's Brian Harnios?
       • Lastly from the media guest category, we have: "Fighting Crime
       One-Donut at a Time", Who Wants to Be A Superhero's Fat Momma;
       We have also added 40+ others guests from throughout the comics
       Two guests that made it just a smidge too late to be included in the
       flyer, include:
       • Writer of Guy Gardner, Wyonna Earp and the new 24:Cold Warriors
       Graphic Novel, comic's toughman, Beau Smith
       and classic actor from many Ed Wood productions and various horror
       films, Conrad Brooks.
       We have also just added our events schedule, a partial gaming schedule
       and new auction stuff;
       You can check it all out at www.pittsburghcomicon.com
       We do have two cancellations to announce: We regret that scheduling
       changes will preclude Ken Foree and Brian Pulido from making it
       Pittsburgh Comicon 2008, but we hope to see them again in coming
       That's it for now but you can count on more exciting stuff coming up,
       ...........and the show goes on!!
       Patrick Thomas
       Marketing Director - Pittsburgh Comicon
       Pittsburgh Comicon
       April 25, 26, 27, 2008
       Pittsburgh Expomart - Monroeville, PA
       1002 Graham Ave.
       Windber, PA 15963
       So once the update is up you go can check out all the new goodies, but
       I'm always glad to make the fanboard, the first in the know.
       Talk to you soon, Patrick
      Yahoo! Groups Links
      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional