      From: Donald Hargnett <donaldbain@...>
      To: pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, March 1, 2008 12:51:16 PM
      Subject: Re: [pittscomicon] Comicon Update

      That's nice but how about taking $8 off the entry price?  How about
      charging that $8 to get into the artist area?  How about getting new
      vendors so we don't have 5 tables of bootleg DVDs and a guy selling
      basement water proofing?

      There's too much emphasis on the artist alley and guests and not enough
      on the vendors.  I go to find stuff I can't get at the local shop and
      dig through the bargain bins.  The only artist I ever went to see was
      Frank Cho and he hasn't been a guest in years.  If the guests are such
      a draw then the fee to see them won't be an issue and it'll draw more
      people, like me, who want to just browse the dealer area.

      I've gone to every Con so far.  This will be the first one I've missed
      and  it's due to the over inflated entry fee and lack of new sellers.
      Does anyone else feel this way or and I the Lone Ranger here?

      Donald

      :

      • How about Battlestar Galactica's Chief Tyrol, Aaron Douglas
      appearing for the first time in Pittsburgh?

      • and How about Ghost Hunter International's Brian Harnios?

      • Lastly from the media guest category, we have: "Fighting Crime
      One-Donut at a Time", Who Wants to Be A Superhero's Fat Momma;

      We have also added 40+ others guests from throughout the comics

      industry.

      Two guests that made it just a smidge too late to be included in the
      flyer, include:

      • Writer of Guy Gardner, Wyonna Earp and the new 24:Cold Warriors
      Graphic Novel, comic's toughman, Beau Smith

      and classic actor from many Ed Wood productions and various horror
      films, Conrad Brooks.

      We have also just added our events schedule, a partial gaming schedule
      and new auction stuff;

      You can check it all out at www.pittsburghcomicon.com

      We do have two cancellations to announce: We regret that scheduling
      changes will preclude Ken Foree and Brian Pulido from making it
      Pittsburgh Comicon 2008, but we hope to see them again in coming

      years.

      That's it for now but you can count on more exciting stuff coming up,

      ...........and the show goes on!!

      Patrick Thomas
      Marketing Director - Pittsburgh Comicon

      Pittsburgh Comicon
      April 25, 26, 27, 2008
      Pittsburgh Expomart - Monroeville, PA
      www.pittsburghcomicon.com

      pcomicon@...
      1002 Graham Ave.
      Windber, PA 15963
      814-467-4116
      814-467-4416

      ----------------------

      So once the update is up you go can check out all the new goodies, but
      I'm always glad to make the fanboard, the first in the know.

      Talk to you soon, Patrick

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional