1018Re: Arrested for 17 year-old murder???

  • Betsy Richard
    Aug 9, 2007
      I have just recently moved back to the J-town area and have not had
      the time to stop into the store to say hi. I regret not having
      visited now more than ever. During the time I lived here previously,
      and after I moved to Chambersburg where they had a store for a few
      years, I saw Mike on an almost daily basis. I always considered Mike
      a good friend and I was totally shocked when I heard this news on the
      radio this week. My prayers are certainly with Mike and Renee and
      the kids, and I hope someone is able to relay our love and concern to
      them. I know it has been a long while since I spoke with them, but
      they were never far from my thoughts.

      In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Chaz" <chaz_i_am@...> wrote:

      > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, R Howard <thezeppo1138@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I could not have said this better.
      > >
      > > I was shocked and sickened when I read this news yesterday, but
      I'm sure my reaction
      > pales in comparison to what Renee and their seven children are
      going through, particularly
      > his two daughters to his first wife. Regardless of the outcome of
      this case, our thoughts
      > and prayers should certainly be with all of them.
      > >
      > > I have been a customer, and more importantly a friend of Mike's
      and Renee's since they
      > opened their Windber store in 1993. I've vacationed with them,
      babysat their children and
      > for the last 12 years helped them run the Pittsburgh Comicon. In
      all that time, there is not
      > a single incident, comment or experience I could point to that
      would make me suspect
      > Mike was capable of something like this. In my experience he has
      been a loving family
      > man, an upstanding and involved member of the community, and a good
      friend.

      > > I'm obviously very curious what evidence and/or testimony has
      come to light to cause
      > the police to move on this after 17 years, but I certainly hope it
      is all a mistake. Unless he
      > would confess to the crime, or is proven guilty in a court of law,
      I choose to believe Mike is
      > innocent, but I do hope Barbara's killer is eventually brought to
      justice.

      > > No, I don't know what this holds for the future of the
      convention, and I don't think any
      > of us will for quite a while. Obviously this will be very damaging
      to Mike's reputation even
      > if he is eventually aquitted. I hope it's not the end of the
      Comicon, but it's difficult to
      > imagine Renee running the show by herself, even with the support of
      the staff. Let's all
      > think positive thoughts and hope for the best.
      > >
      > > ---------------------------------
      > > Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your
      pocket: mail, news, photos &
      > more.
      > >
      > I only got to talk to the Georges here and there, but they were
      always very nice people. I
      > think this is shocking for us all. We love this con (I've gone to
      everyone with my buddy
      > Dave, it's a ritual for us), and it was well known how much the
      Georges loved doing it for
      > us. I hope we can get updates on the events to come. And I agree,
      until proven guilty, Mike
      > is innocent. And that the killer is brought to justice. If you
      pray, prayers for Renee and the
      > children can't hurt. I hope someone will let them know that we all
      are thinking of them.

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic