Re-aquainting myself with people of our group

  • Johnny
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 5, 2012
      July 5th, 2012... I still am a pipe smoker and have not visited in a very long time. I've had some depressing moments in my life. So I stopped visiting. I did not want to bring other's down into my depression. I hope All who are a part of this group are having a good life. My life is getting better. I've never shown my face here. Just my pipes & thoughts. My current email is the_narghile@.... I have always been here as Johnny Cypher. Tip my hat to you All ;)
    • Ed & Nancy Duncan
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 5, 2012
        I recall you, Johnny Cypher. Welcome back, glad to "seeya" again.

        Ed (Duncan), Batavia, NY

        __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 7274 (20120705) __________

        http://www.eset.com

        __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 7274 (20120705) __________

        http://www.eset.com

      • Jeffery Suter
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 5, 2012
          Johnny,

          My name is Jeff and I am one of the moderators here at the group. I remember you.

          I too, went through a very deep routed and life changing bout with depression and to be completely honest with you, I had a nervous breakdown in early April. I'm told it's call a midlife transmission... I call bullshit on that. I was feeling sorry for myself.

          I have had serious personal issues, within my marriage and outside. I had a total breakdown. I knew nothing of mental health issues or the like until fairly recently. To this day I've not had a day off of work other than weekends and holidays since February. I refused to let this affect my work and for that I am grateful to be employed. It got me through the tough times.

          That said, I lost 35 pounds and started working out with weights. I am now a vegetarian for 5 weeks and at the age of almost 44, I'm in the best shape of my life...

          All I can tell you is, if you want to improve your life, no one can do it for you. You need to step up and improve things on your own.

          Just do it. Eat better. Take vitamins. No one can heal you but yourself.

          I wish you the best, and if you need to sound off, we are here. If I can do it, anyone can....

          I say all of this with the deepest respect and concern.

          Best -
          Jeff
          Sent from my iPad

          On Jul 5, 2012, at 10:03 PM, "Johnny" <the_narghile@...> wrote:

          > July 5th, 2012... I still am a pipe smoker and have not visited in a very long time. I've had some depressing moments in my life. So I stopped visiting. I did not want to bring other's down into my depression. I hope All who are a part of this group are having a good life. My life is getting better. I've never shown my face here. Just my pipes & thoughts. My current email is the_narghile@.... I have always been here as Johnny Cypher. Tip my hat to you All ;)

        • jhperique
          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 5, 2012
            Welcome back, Johnny, and I'm glad you're still a pipe smoker.  Feel free to visit when you can, and chime in when you want.  What kind of pipes do you have, and what do you like to smoke?

            Joe H

            ________________________________
            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 5, 2012
              I remember you well, Johnny. It's good to have you back.

              Sorry to hear about tough times. If your brothers can help, let us.

              --- In pipesmokers2@yahoogroups.com, "Johnny" <the_narghile@...> wrote:

              > July 5th, 2012... I still am a pipe smoker and have not visited in a very long time. I've had some depressing moments in my life. So I stopped visiting. I did not want to bring other's down into my depression. I hope All who are a part of this group are having a good life. My life is getting better. I've never shown my face here. Just my pipes & thoughts. My current email is the_narghile@... I have always been here as Johnny Cypher. Tip my hat to you All ;)

            • Raymaker
              Message 6 of 16 , Jul 5, 2012
                Johnny, "we've got your back", as they say. Not to be embarrassed
                discussing your difficulties. A surprising number of us have them,
                and some, more than once.
                My favorite drug is a "crumb" of Xanax, which acts quickly. "Crumb"
                meaning a half of a quarter mG, which is negligible, but relaxing,
                and leaves me feeling
                I've "done something for myself". At first, Xanax can make one
                sleepy; Dr. gave me 1 mG in his office, I drove to the ferry, and
                made TWO trips back and forth from
                Seattle to Bremerton. This was thirty years ago, when it was new.
                I'm now 77 and I can't tell normal memory loss, from that related to
                a lifetime of meds. But who cares?
                A little note book helps, and being patient lets the memory come back
                on its own. Each guy finds his own best drug with the help of his
                doctor, and maybe it's no drug at all!

                Exercise as simple as walking regularly, twenty minutes or so, is
                VERY relaxing, just as effective as beating yourself up at the gym.
                Alcohol will "relax" you and ADD to the depression ,
                and it's just not a good solution(bad pun!). Been there, done that,
                and it don't work! Someone to listen and NOT fill your head with
                suggestions; let the therapist do the suggesting.
                Fishing has been a joy for me, as has the habit of daily prayer,
                morning and evening. Each person has his own best way. I say
                "howdy" to everyone's dog, in passing, and make
                new friends doing it.

                best wishes on the journey!! And keep puffin!

                JR

                On Jul 5, 2012, at 7:03 PM, Johnny wrote:

                > July 5th, 2012... I still am a pipe smoker and have not visited in
                > a very long time. I've had some depressing moments in my life. So I
                > stopped visiting. I did not want to bring other's down into my
                > depression. I hope All who are a part of this group are having a
                > good life. My life is getting better. I've never shown my face
                > here. Just my pipes & thoughts. My current email is
                > the_narghile@.... I have always been here as Johnny Cypher.
                > Tip my hat to you All ;)

              • Jud Cole
                Message 7 of 16 , Jul 6, 2012
                  Glad things are getting better for you, Johnny,
                  Smoke in peace,
                  Jud

                  ________________________________

                  Message 8 of 16 , Jul 6, 2012
                    Jeff,
                    Glad to know things are going better for you. Take care of yourself.

                    Jud

                    ________________________________

                    Message 9 of 16 , Jul 13, 2012
                      Nice to hear from you again, Ed. Hope you're still enjoying your music.
                      Thank you ;)
                      --- In pipesmokers2@yahoogroups.com, "Ed & Nancy Duncan" <eduncan74@...> wrote:

                      > I recall you, Johnny Cypher. Welcome back, glad to "seeya" again.
                      >
                      > Ed (Duncan), Batavia, NY

                    • Johnny
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jul 13, 2012
                        Jeff, thank you for all your kind words....
                        & btw, I seen some message when I recently entered this site that it was goin' to no longer exist as of last Tuesday or something like that. Well I can see the group is still swinging ;)

                        Message 11 of 16 , Jul 13, 2012
                          Thank you Joe H ;)

                          I like many pipes. I like freehands, oom pauls, old germans,...etc. I own Nordings, Lorenzos, Ben Wades, a Stanwell, Savenellis,an Ardor,a Bari,a GBD, a Peterson, a Butz Choquin, Jobeys, a old german meerschaum w/ silver flip up lid (needs fixing), a modern meerschaum carved as the head of Frankenstein,and a hookah(also needs fixing). Tobaccos: Orliks Golden Slice and Dark Kentucky, Frog Morton, Escudo, Darkstar,Plumcake, Benjamin Hartwell's original blend, Rattray's Red Rapparee,...etc.

                          Message 12 of 16 , Jul 13, 2012
                            Thank you for the kind re-welcome, John.

                            Message 13 of 16 , Jul 13, 2012
                              Thank you for your kind words, Ray ;)

                              --- In pipesmokers2@yahoogroups.com, Raymaker <twojrs@...> wrote:

                              > Johnny, "we've got your back", as they say. Not to be embarrassed
                              > discussing your difficulties. A surprising number of us have them,
                              > and some, more than once.
                              > My favorite drug is a "crumb" of Xanax, which acts quickly. "Crumb"
                              > meaning a half of a quarter mG, which is negligible, but relaxing,
                              > and leaves me feeling
                              > I've "done something for myself". At first, Xanax can make one
                              > sleepy; Dr. gave me 1 mG in his office, I drove to the ferry, and
                              > made TWO trips back and forth from
                              > Seattle to Bremerton. This was thirty years ago, when it was new.
                              > I'm now 77 and I can't tell normal memory loss, from that related to
                              > a lifetime of meds. But who cares?
                              > A little note book helps, and being patient lets the memory come back
                              > on its own. Each guy finds his own best drug with the help of his
                              > doctor, and maybe it's no drug at all!
                              >
                              > Exercise as simple as walking regularly, twenty minutes or so, is
                              > VERY relaxing, just as effective as beating yourself up at the gym.
                              > Alcohol will "relax" you and ADD to the depression ,
                              > and it's just not a good solution(bad pun!). Been there, done that,
                              > and it don't work! Someone to listen and NOT fill your head with
                              > suggestions; let the therapist do the suggesting.
                              > Fishing has been a joy for me, as has the habit of daily prayer,
                              > morning and evening. Each person has his own best way. I say
                              > "howdy" to everyone's dog, in passing, and make
                              > new friends doing it.
                              >
                              > best wishes on the journey!! And keep puffin!
                              >
                              > JR
                              >
                              > On Jul 5, 2012, at 7:03 PM, Johnny wrote:
                              >
                              > > July 5th, 2012... I still am a pipe smoker and have not visited in
                              > > a very long time. I've had some depressing moments in my life. So I
                              > > stopped visiting. I did not want to bring other's down into my
                              > > depression. I hope All who are a part of this group are having a
                              > > good life. My life is getting better. I've never shown my face
                              > > here. Just my pipes & thoughts. My current email is
                              > > the_narghile@... I have always been here as Johnny Cypher.
                              > > Tip my hat to you All ;)

                            • Johnny
                              Message 14 of 16 , Jul 13, 2012
                                Thank you , Jud ;)

                                --- In pipesmokers2@yahoogroups.com, Jud Cole <campbellajc@...> wrote:

                                > Glad things are getting better for you, Johnny,
                                > Smoke in peace,
                                > Jud
                                >

                                > ________________________________

                              • Rev. Avery
                                Message 15 of 16 , Jul 13, 2012
                                  Hi,

                                  Thank you for sharing.  I do hope all works out well.  I too (as probably others) have hit low spots.  The latest was with prostate cancer.  It's amazing how something can kind of turn one's world upside down and inside out.

                                  Some things that help me:
                                  my family: my wife and five kids and grandkids;
                                  my faith in Yaweh and His Word;
                                  my hobbies: primarily reading and music;
                                  my friends: a really good friend in Germany that I've been an email buddy to for 12 years or so; never have met but we do Skype.

                                  And a good pipe or cigar  :-)

                                  >> Johnny, "we've got your back", as they say. Not to be embarrassed
                                  >> discussing your difficulties. A surprising number of us have them,
                                  >> and some, more than once.
                                  >> My favorite drug is a "crumb" of Xanax, which acts quickly. "Crumb"
                                  >> meaning a half of a quarter mG, which is negligible, but relaxing,
                                  >> and leaves me feeling
                                  >> I've "done something for myself". At first, Xanax can make one
                                  >> sleepy; Dr. gave me 1 mG in his office, I drove to the ferry, and
                                  >> made TWO trips back and forth from
                                  >> Seattle to Bremerton. This was thirty years ago, when it was new.
                                  >> I'm now 77 and I can't tell normal memory loss, from that related to
                                  >> a lifetime of meds. But who cares?
                                  >> A little note book helps, and being patient lets the memory come back
                                  >> on its own. Each guy finds his own best drug with the help of his
                                  >> doctor, and maybe it's no drug at all!
                                  >>
                                  >> Exercise as simple as walking regularly, twenty minutes or so, is
                                  >> VERY relaxing, just as effective as beating yourself up at the gym.
                                  >> Alcohol will "relax" you and ADD to the depression ,
                                  >> and it's just not a good solution(bad pun!). Been there, done that,
                                  >> and it don't work! Someone to listen and NOT fill your head with
                                  >> suggestions; let the therapist do the suggesting.
                                  >> Fishing has been a joy for me, as has the habit of daily prayer,
                                  >> morning and evening. Each person has his own best way. I say
                                  >> "howdy" to everyone's dog, in passing, and make
                                  >> new friends doing it.
                                  >>
                                  >> best wishes on the journey!! And keep puffin!
                                  >>
                                  >> JR
                                  >>
                                  >> On Jul 5, 2012, at 7:03 PM, Johnny wrote:
                                  >>
                                  >> > July 5th, 2012... I still am a pipe smoker and have not visited in
                                  >> > a very long time. I've had some depressing moments in my life. So I
                                  >> > stopped visiting. I did not want to bring other's down into my
                                  >> > depression. I hope All who are a part of this group are having a
                                  >> > good life. My life is getting better. I've never shown my face
                                  >> > here. Just my pipes & thoughts. My current email is
                                  >> > the_narghile@... I have always been here as Johnny Cypher.
                                  >> > Tip my hat to you All ;)

                                • Johnny
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Jul 14, 2012
                                    Thank you Rev ;)
                                    And I hope you can conquer the cancer ;)