Re: [Pipe smokers] Re: Blends: English vs Balkan vs. Oriental

  • Jud Cole
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2011
      Thanks for your input, John.

      Jud

      ________________________________
      From: JohnO <jkofferdahl@...>
      To: pipesmokers2@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, September 30, 2011 12:30 PM
      Subject: [Pipe smokers] Re: Blends: English vs Balkan vs. Oriental

      I would slightly change your definitions, and use more general terms. I'd say an English blend may use Orientals but the latakia is the dominant flavor. And since 965 is considered an English blend then I'd also say that a Virginia or burley base isn't even necessary.

      I would say that a Balkan can contain latakia but the overriding flavoring comes from the Orientals, which are balanced to dominate the latakia from a taste standpoint.