Re: [Pipe smokers] a "Pinch" of Perique ?

  • Jud Cole
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2011
      What's Black Kathy?

      Jud

      --- On Thu, 3/31/11, switcherjoe <twojrs@...> wrote:

      From: switcherjoe <twojrs@...>
      Subject: [Pipe smokers] a "Pinch" of Perique ?
      To: pipesmokers2@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, March 31, 2011, 1:24 PM

      How much is a "pinch"? All you cn hold between chubby fingers? Or the barest amount,

      and relative to what amount of other tobacco?

      This morning I tossed together some unidentified stuff, a coupla tablespoons of

      Black Kathy, a coupla tablespoon of Golden Cavendish (maybe HS-3?) and what I

      thought was too much Perique. Stirred it all together, and it tastes pretty good!

      Think I might add some more Perique, tho.

      With less than a teaspoon of Perique, it looks lilke the total of the blend is less than

      four ounces, WAG.

      The interesting part is that the Black Kathy, the Perique, and te Cavendish seem

      to go well together.

      J, STILL learning . . . .

    • Raymaker
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2011
        Jud, it's a Stokkebeye blend of black Cavendish, Burley and Virginia,
        vanilla is PROMINENT
        in the taste and room note, not very many tobacco reviews and they
        were all 2 star. AROMATIC!
        Works okay in very small amounts with other tobaccos that are primary in
        your home blend. JR

        On Apr 1, 2011, at 4:53 AM, Jud Cole wrote:

        > What's Black Kathy?
        >
        > Jud

      • Jud Cole
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1, 2011
          Ah. I don't smoke any Stokkebeyes, and damned few aromatics. Thanks.

          Jud