Pipe Smoker's Hall Of Fame

  • Jeanne
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 31, 2010
      Hello All! My name is Jeanne Marie and I have just joined this group, which looks like great fun!!! I should introduce myself by saying that I am the owner and curator of The International Pipe Somker's Hall Of Fame! Opened in 1969, it is home to a wonderful library of rare tiobacco and smoking books, lots of antique pipe and tobacco related items, and the Hall Of Fame, which displays the pipes actualy owned and smoked by over 800 of the world's most famous pipe smokers, past and present! These include Presidents, Prime Ministers, Kings, great authors (Mark Twain, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Hemmingway, Sir James M. Barrie), explorers (a pipe Adm. Byrd smoked at the South Pole), and so many others. We also display pipes by great pipe maker members of the HOF, including Bo Nordh, both Per and Ulf of S.Bang, J.T. Cooke, Andy Marks and others. Hope you can all visit the museum some day. It is open by appointment and is of course free of charge. Bring a pipe, sample some tobaccos and enjoy the displays with me!
      Cheers!
      Jeanne Marie<3
    • Joe H
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 1, 2010
        Welcome, JM.  I have heard good things about the HOF museum.  Enjoy your time here.

        Joe H

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 1, 2010
          Jeanne Marie, sounds wonderful.  But where?  What's the address, contact phone #, etc.?

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 1, 2010
            Welcome, JM. Do you partake yourself?

            Jud

            From: Jeanne <jeanne48law@ yahoo.com>

            To: pipesmokers2@ yahoogroups. com

            Date: Wednesday, March 31, 2010, 5:41 PM

[...]

          • Kyle S. Constantinides
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 1, 2010
              Yeah, I would like to know that as well. It sounds really cool!
              Kyle Scott Constantinides
              Knights of Columbus
              3rd Degree

              "And the Word was made flesh,
              and dwelt among us [and we beheld
              His Glory]." ~John 1:14 (KJV)

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 1, 2010
                Welcome to our Group, Jeanne! It's a pleasure to have you here among us. Where is the HOP located?

                --- In pipesmokers2@yahoogroups.com, "Jeanne" <jeanne48law@...> wrote:

                > Hello All! My name is Jeanne Marie and I have just joined this group, which looks like great fun!!! I should introduce myself by saying that I am the owner and curator of The International Pipe Somker's Hall Of Fame! Opened in 1969, it is home to a wonderful library of rare tiobacco and smoking books, lots of antique pipe and tobacco related items, and the Hall Of Fame, which displays the pipes actualy owned and smoked by over 800 of the world's most famous pipe smokers, past and present! These include Presidents, Prime Ministers, Kings, great authors (Mark Twain, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Hemmingway, Sir James M. Barrie), explorers (a pipe Adm. Byrd smoked at the South Pole), and so many others. We also display pipes by great pipe maker members of the HOF, including Bo Nordh, both Per and Ulf of S.Bang, J.T. Cooke, Andy Marks and others. Hope you can all visit the museum some day. It is open by appointment and is of course free of charge. Bring a pipe, sample some tobaccos and enjoy the displays with me!
                > Cheers!
                > Jeanne Marie<3

              • Earl Schube
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 1, 2010
                  Oh, I would love to come visit some time, can you give us the address of
                  where it is? Do you have a website?

                  Earl

                  --
                  Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I
                  repeat myself.

                  -- Mark Twain

                • cannstake
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 2, 2010
                    Hi Jeanne Marie,

                    Id also like the info for making an appt to visit this great
                    informative HOF..on my recent visit to Key West I visited
                    Hemingways home and his local hangout bar would love seein
                    tha pipe he smoked as well !!

                    CAnn