Smoking pipe collection for sale.

  • rigonin80
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2010
      Hello to everyone here,
      I hope this is the right place for my message. I'm owned a small collection of nice smoking pipes.
      I received the collection from my father who was a collector of tobacco things.
      But i'm not a fun of any kind of tobacco stuff at all.
      And I've decided to sell my collection via Internet, because i live in a small town where it's impossible to sell my one.
      The collection has 178 never used smoking pipes and 5 used ones too.
      There're also 6 antique cigar boxes and a few tobacco boxes. The pipes were made by different pipe masters, I put a list below.
      I can take photos of every item if somebody is interested in. I don't know where i may sell my tobacco collection.
      Probably, someboby here maybe have some interest in my whole collection or separate items.
      Or someone can give me your a ggod advice where i should try selling my tobacco stuff.
      I'm not a greedy guy and i really don't want spending months of my time to sell the collection.
      I'm sure i'll be able to offer you the best prices on my items.
      Let me know, please, if you have suggestions or offers to me. Emailing me on rigonin80@...
      Thanks. Dmitriy.

      p.s. Sorry for my bad English.

      My list.

      Aivazovsky ,

      Anna Julie ,

      Ashton-Taylor ,

      Bari ,

      Bernhard ,

      Benni Jorgensen

      Bent Dublin,

      Big Ben ,

      Bjarne ,

      Brebbia ,

      Cavicchi ,

      Chacom ,

      Cornelius Manz ,

      Don Carlos ,

      Dunhill ,

      Eric Andersen ,

      Erik Nielsen ,

      Erik Nording ,

      Former ,

      Gabriele Dal

      GG ,

      Jess Chonowitsch ,

      Joao Reis ,

      Jorgen Nielsen ,

      Jorn Larsen ,

      Julius Vesz ,

      Kai Nielsen ,

      Kent Rasmussen ,

      Kharlamov A. ,

      Kurt Balleby ,

      Larry Roush ,

      Lars Ivarsson ,

      Lasse Scovgaard ,

      Le Nuvole ,

      Mastro de Paja ,

      Manduela ,

      Meerschaum pipes ,

      Nanna Ivarsson ,

      Okamura Yukio ,

      Paolo Becker (Italy) ,

      Peter Hedegaard ,

      Peter Matzhold ,

      Peterson ,

      Porsche Design ,

      Prammer Josef ,

      Poul Ilsted ,

      Radice ,

      Reiner Barbi ,

      Reviagin ,

      Rinaldo ,

      Rolando Negoita ,

      S. Bang ,

      Savinelli ,

      Sara Eltang ,

      Ser Jañopo ,

      Sixten Ivarsson ,

      Stanwell ,

      Tao ,

      Teddy Knudsen ,

      Todd Johnson ,

      Tom Eltang ,

      Tonni Nielsen ,

      Tsuge ,

      Vauen ,

      W. O. Larsen ,

      Wolfgang Becker.
    • denevei
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 2, 2010
        email sent

      • walanman@netscape.net
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 2, 2010
          You have some good names there, now the question becomes what pipes and what condition etc.

          You mention you want an easy way to sell them. If you sell them as a lot you will not get the best price in all likelihood, unless you find someone who wants each and everyone of them. I would suggest contacting one of the more honorable pipesellers, there are several who frequent this board. One of whom I have never heard anything but good comments about is Steve Fallon, who sells on eBay as "pipestud". I am sure other members will have other suggestions.

          The advantage to the buyers is that they know Steve and can rely on his description both as relates to identification and as to condition, and know that they will get what they pay for. And as a commercial entrprise he has means to insure he doesn't get stiffed in the transaction also.

          The advantages to you should be fairly obvious, in that you don't have to worry about the selling details, like shipping, setting up a way to make sure you get paid, and all the other rigoramol that goes with it.

          It's like buying a used car, if you get it from a reputable dealer you pay more than buying privately at the "curbside". You do so because you have recourse if there is a problem with the dealer, and he has put some time into insuring that the car is "good to go". By it privately and you are rolling the dice about what problems you are buying, you may get a deal, or you may just be buying a headache.

          Do you also have old tobacco to sell? While sealed tins fetch a premium in some cases, and Steve also sells that, I am one of the few fools who will consider "opened" tins. ;-)

          Al Lanman

        • Erik Anderson
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 2, 2010
            Now that is a pipe collection. Can you take sompe pictures of the pipes? TY.
          • pipestud1952
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 15, 2010
              Hi Al,

              Just wanted to drop in and say a quick note of thanks for your very kind words.

              Best,

              Steve Fallon (Pipestud)

              --- In pipesmokers2@yahoogroups.com, walanman@... wrote:

              "...I would suggest contacting one of the more honorable pipesellers, there are several who frequent this board. One of whom I have never heard anything but good comments about is Steve Fallon, who sells on eBay as "pipestud". I am sure other members will have other suggestions."

              > Al Lanman

            • Rafe H
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 17, 2010
                Dmitry,

                I would second the recommendation of our very own Pipestud.

                I do however find it curious --- your father had 178 pipes, evidently of high quality, and they weren't ever smoked? If true that's amazing, that someone would own such a large collection of so many reputable marques yet never smoke them.

                Rafe Hyatt

              • Dmitriy Rigonin
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 18, 2010
                  Rafe, Thanks, but the pipes have already been sold and sent to one person in USA.
                  Dmitriy.