group

  • msudude22
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 31, 2010
      I just joined this group but rongadz59 told me since I don't own a pipe, I can't be a member
    • Joe H
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1, 2010
        I guess I don't understand your point.  What is your interest in smoking pipes?

        I just joined this group but rongadz59 told me since I don't own a pipe, I can't be a member

      • Ron Gadzalinski
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 1, 2010
          Hi everyone,

          Dave is a yahoo messenger contact of mine.   He twisted my words when we were talking yesterday.   I expressed surprise when he told me he joined this group because he's a cigar smoker--although he has smoked a pipe once or twice.    I welcome Dave to this group if he wants to be a member --especially if he has the interest in pipe smoking.

          Peace out.

          -Ron

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 1, 2010
            Well, yeah, Ron.  If he has an interest in pipe smoking.  I think the opening paragraph on the group home page says it well - sharing experience with the pipe and pipe tobacco blends, and participating in the fellowship of the briar is what we're about.

            Dave is a yahoo messenger contact of mine.   He twisted my words when we were talking yesterday.   I expressed surprise when he told me he joined this group because he's a cigar smoker--although he has smoked a pipe once or twice.    I welcome Dave to this group if he wants to be a member --especially if he has the interest in pipe smoking.

            Peace out.

            -Ron

            I guess I don't understand your point.  What is your interest in smoking pipes?

            I just joined this group but rongadz59 told me since I don't own a pipe, I can't be a member

          • Jud Cole
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 1, 2010
              Huh? If you are interested, I don't know why you can't be here.
              Welcome.

              Jud

              I just joined this group but rongadz59 told me since I don't own a pipe, I can't be a member

            • Earl Schube
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 1, 2010
                Easy fix, go get a pipe, maybe steel one of his!

                Earl

                --
                Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I
                repeat myself.

                -- Mark Twain

              • bfox9235
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 1, 2010
                  That is Stupid !
                  Maybe he is interested in taking up Pipe smoking !
                  Why else would he be here ?

                  --- In pipesmokers2@yahoogroups.com, "msudude22" <msudude22@...> wrote:

                  > I just joined this group but rongadz59 told me since I don't own a pipe, I can't be a member

                • denevei
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 2, 2010
                    I've known Ron for many years, and know him as a very welcoming and warm person. I can't help but think that somehow there's just been a simple misunderstanding, which I feel sure is really of no consequence.

                    As a Moderator of this Group, I welcome you here, and look forward to both your insight and also your experience as you learn more about pipes.