Re: [Pipe smokers] YPSC Dottle, 9-29-2008

  • John Offerdahl
    Message 1 of 22 , Oct 1, 2008
      Correct. You don't want to open the can.

      -- In pipesmokers2@yahoogroups.com, Raymaker <twojrs@...> wrote:

      > John,
      >
      > On30 is O scale cars running on HO track(rails half the distance of O
      > rails), i.e., narrow gauge.
      >
      > Thanks for the tips about aging, prsumable without (?) opening the can.
      >
      > JR
      > On Sep 30, 2008, at 10:52 AM, John Offerdahl wrote:
      >
      > > Sorry, but I don't even know what On30 is, though I presume modeling
      > > RRs would mean model railroads. I haven't done model railroads since
      > > I was a kid, sadly.
      > >
      > > Buying tobacco and letting it sit is a wonderful thing. Tobaccos
      > > (non-aromatic) age and change with the age. Some blends get sweeter,
      > > some smoother, some seem to change more dramatically as the
      > > individual constituent tobaccos marry together.
      > >
      > > -

    • John Offerdahl
      Message 2 of 22 , Oct 1, 2008
        Jeff, the tin of Dark Star I'm smoking now is one you sent me from
        that same find. :)

        --- In pipesmokers2@yahoogroups.com, Jeffery Suter <jeffery777@...>
        wrote:

        > Ya know John, you turned me on to Dark Star, and I put a couple of
        2001 tins away when
        > I found them here in NYC in 2004.
        >
        > Gotta dig one out now...
        >
        > Of course, I like to revisit the dog house blends a couple of time
        a year. Not much left though...

        > Best-
        > Jeff
        > http://ripplingbrook.com

      • Norm Musicant
        Message 3 of 22 , Oct 1, 2008
          Hi Ted,

          What are you going to smoke while the Frog dries enough to light without steam (LOL)?

          Noorrmm

        • Jeffery Suter
          Message 4 of 22 , Oct 2, 2008
            Oh man... that's awesome...

            Actually, the tin I sent you I found in Nyack NY in this Cigar cafe that
            was getting rid of all their pipe stuff... I lined up 13 tins and the guy
            told me $95 for all of them... the newest tin was 2001 and the oldest
            was 1997.

            I think I still have a tin of the 2000 MC #27 VA too come to think of it...

            Message 5 of 22 , Oct 2, 2008
              Jeff, I can't remember the tin date, but I know it's well-aged. Quite
              a smooth, sweet smoke, too.

              wrote:

              > Oh man... that's awesome...
              >
              > Actually, the tin I sent you I found in Nyack NY in this Cigar cafe
              that
              > was getting rid of all their pipe stuff... I lined up 13 tins and
              the guy
              > told me $95 for all of them... the newest tin was 2001 and the
              oldest
              > was 1997.
              >
              > I think I still have a tin of the 2000 MC #27 VA too come to think
              of it...

            • Ted DeWitt
              Message 6 of 22 , Oct 2, 2008
                Exotique in a Don Carlos.

                Ted DeWitt

                --- In pipesmokers2@yahoogroups.com, Norm Musicant <noorrmm@...> wrote:

                > Hi Ted,
                >
                > What are you going to smoke while the Frog dries enough to light
                without steam (LOL)?

                > Noorrmm

              • meerorbriar
                Message 7 of 22 , Oct 6, 2008
                  Just came back to "dead mouse in a can" more commonly known as Samuel
                  Gowaith 1792.

                  Happy puffin'
                  Meer

                  --- In pipesmokers2@yahoogroups.com, "John Offerdahl"