Re: [Pipe smokers] My Latest Order

  • Jud Cole
    Message 1 of 12 , May 1, 2008
      I have not noticed it.
      Unless your vendor vacuum seals the blends - and some do - you should put it in a good tightly sealed jar or jars.
      I currently have bulks of Penzance, Squadron Leader, Best Brown Flake, and a couple of other tinned blends. I notice no difference in taste. I saved money on the bulks, and an buying tins for cellaring. Howard buys most of his stuff bulk, I believe. Some blends aren't available that way, though.
      Jud

      From: Joe Joe <vethol@yahoo. com>

      To: pipesmokers2@ yahoogroups. com

      Date: Wednesday, April 30, 2008, 4:29 PM

      My word, I had no idea that Rattrays are available in bulk. I have compared prices and see the bulk price is very similar to the tinned. Why would anyone buy bulk?

      Jud Cole <campbellajc@ yahoo.com> wrote: Squadron Leader is my #2 smoke-it-any- time English, after Old Dublin. Not a heavy latakia blend like Penzance, but a good standard English.

      Jud

      From: Nathan <skizzik03@yahoo. com>

      Subject: [Pipe smokers] My Latest Order

      To: pipesmokers2@ yahoogroups. com

      Date: Wednesday, April 30, 2008, 12:09 PM

      Well, an early christmas will be here soon for me. I am out of Penzance

      so I just placed an order for more Penzance plus Rattray's OG and

      Samuel Gawith's Squadron Leader. I will be very excited to try the

      latter of the three. I have heard a lot about OG and Squadron Leader.

      Amaizing how something so simple as pipe tobacco can put a person in

      such a good mood!! Hurry the hell up UPS!!!!

      Be a better friend, newshound, and

      Be a better friend, newshound, and

      Be a better friend, newshound, and
    • Howard M. Davis
      Message 2 of 12 , May 1, 2008
        I would buy it all in bulk if I could. The only time I buy in tins is
        when that is the only way it is available. Also he cellar grows
        quicker when you buy it by the pound.

        --- In pipesmokers2@yahoogroups.com, Jud Cole <campbellajc@...> wrote:

        > I have not noticed it.
        > Unless your vendor vacuum seals the blends - and some do - you
        should put it in a good tightly sealed jar or jars.
        > I currently have bulks of Penzance, Squadron Leader, Best Brown
        Flake, and a couple of other tinned blends. I notice no difference in
        taste. I saved money on the bulks, and an buying tins for cellaring.
        Howard buys most of his stuff bulk, I believe. Some blends aren't
        available that way, though.
        > Jud

        yahoo.com/ ;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR 8HDtDypao8Wcj9tA cJ

        Try it now.