Re: New to pipe smoking.

  • peachberlin63
    Message 1 of 11222 , Sep 1, 1999
      hi lynn,<br>women are a rare breed among
      pipesmokers, so a special warm welcome to you.<br>& now for
      the tobacco... well i must admit that "smell" is only
      a minor concern for me, i rather go for "taste"
      because i discovered that the tobaccos i enjoy most
      (usually english blends) are also the ones that i get the
      most complaints on "smell" about (by non pipesmokers
      that is).<br>fact is that i smoke for my personal
      pleasure & so i do not care about the "smell" & the so
      called "room note" a tobacco is leaving - but if i now
      that somebody can absolutely not stand the "smell" of
      my favourite tobaccos, i prefer not to smoke at all
      rather than smoking something that "smells" good to
      others but i do not enjoy.<br>so i really suggest
      english blends even for beginners, for example dunhills
      "nightcap" or "early morning pipe" & rattrays "black velvet"
      or "red rapparee" & from time to time i enjoy some
      straight virginia in my two pipes especially reserved for
      that kind of tobacco.<br><br>well, that's my two
      cents... glueck auf !<br><br>peach
    • Randy W.
      Message 11222 of 11222 , Dec 25, 2010
        Thanks for the info. Ya know, for a medium it has a lot of flavor. I would have thought it was full strength. Makes me wonder what my reaction would have been towards the full strength? I like Latakia, but not to the point where it's all you can taste. I bought some C & D stuff, Odyssey - I think it's called, and I didn't care for it, but I used it as an inhancer for some blends I thought were lacking something and it was pretty good smoked that way.

        Randy W...