Re: [Pipe smokers] Rather new and saying hello.

  • Corneel Vermeulen
    Message 1 of 39 , Jun 1, 2006
      On 5/31/06, =Sunjammer= <danatek@...> wrote:
      > Welcome to the finest pipe group on the Internet, Corneel!
      > That 'Belge' looks a lot like the Dunhill 1/16 bent Shell 'Dublin' my wife bought me a couple years ago.
      > Took forever to break in but smokes like the proverbial dream now!
      > Here's a link to the photo in my Yahoo group album:
      >
      > Whatcha' think?
      > :-)

      I think that's a Dublin, but if you'd call it a Zulu, I could live
      with that as well ;-)

      A Belge would be rounded off more near the rim, above the shank.

      Very nice pipe nonetheless.

      Enjoy it!

      --
      Corneel Vermeulen
      corneel.vermeulen@...
      Message 39 of 39 , Jun 1, 2006
        On 6/1/06, Joe H <periquefreak2003@...> wrote:
        > That would be good of Kaywoodie. Their POYs lately have been large pipes.
        > Would that be ok for the Belge shape?

        For the shape itself, I don't think it would make much of a
        difference. For me -- I tend to prefer group 4-5 -- that might take a
        little getting used to.

        > When I get more organized after our move, I will look for the Kaywoodie.

        It's ok, all in your own time would be just perfect ;-)

        Cheers!

        --
        Corneel Vermeulen
        corneel.vermeulen@...