Re: OT: Braggin' on my kid

  • Steve Fallon
    Message 1 of 11 , May 1, 2006
      Congratulations to Dan and Lorrie, I know the two of you must be very
      proud parents. Congratulations to your daughter as well for her
      accomplishment. She is fortunate to have such a young and beautiful
      mother. It kind of makes up for her having an old and dastardly
      fellow for a father. (-;

      Best,
      Pipestud

      --- In pipesmokers2@yahoogroups.com, "Captn Dan" <danvaughan142@...>
      wrote:

      > Lorrie and I spent the afternoon at the Marina Civic Center
      watching
      > the graduation ceremony for Florida State University (Panama City
      > Campus) where our oldest daughter, Merissa, received her Bachelor's
      > Degree.
      >
      > I don't understand how all this happened. First off, how can we
      have a
      > daughter with a Bachelor's Degree at our young age? ;-)
      >
      > I don't see how she could be eligible anyway...
      >
      > a. She is female. Shouldn't it be Bachelorette?
      > b. She is married.
      > c. Her parents are too young.
      >
      > ;-)
      >
      > Dan
      > Celebratory bowl of aged Escudo in an Ardor

    • Captn Dan
      Message 2 of 11 , May 1, 2006
        Hmmm... I think the early hour must have you confused Steve...

        I'm her dad... not Ted.

        LOL!

        Dan <--- Not a dastardly bone in his body

        --- In pipesmokers2@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Fallon" <stbjfallon@...>
        wrote:

        > Congratulations to Dan and Lorrie, I know the two of you must be
        very
        > proud parents. Congratulations to your daughter as well for her
        > accomplishment. She is fortunate to have such a young and beautiful
        > mother. It kind of makes up for her having an old and dastardly
        > fellow for a father. (-;
        >
        > Best,
        > Pipestud
        >
        > --- In pipesmokers2@yahoogroups.com, "Captn Dan" <danvaughan142@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Lorrie and I spent the afternoon at the Marina Civic Center
        > watching
        > > the graduation ceremony for Florida State University (Panama City
        > > Campus) where our oldest daughter, Merissa, received her
        Bachelor's
        > > Degree.
        > >
        > > I don't understand how all this happened. First off, how can we
        > have a
        > > daughter with a Bachelor's Degree at our young age? ;-)
        > >
        > > I don't see how she could be eligible anyway...
        > >
        > > a. She is female. Shouldn't it be Bachelorette?
        > > b. She is married.
        > > c. Her parents are too young.
        > >
        > > ;-)
        > >
        > > Dan
        > > Celebratory bowl of aged Escudo in an Ardor

      • John Offerdahl
        Message 3 of 11 , May 1, 2006
          You know, Dan, I never before thought about how much older
          than Lorrie you are! Wow.

          Congratulations on the graduation, old man!

          My oldest child will graduate. Next year. From high school.
        • Captn Dan
          Message 4 of 11 , May 1, 2006
            So you were what? 55 or so when you had the first?

            I think Pipestud has been an influence on you... In more ways than one.

            LOL!

            Dan

            --- In pipesmokers2@yahoogroups.com, "John Offerdahl"
            <jkofferdahl@...> wrote:

            > You know, Dan, I never before thought about how much older
            > than Lorrie you are! Wow.
            >
            > Congratulations on the graduation, old man!
            >
            > My oldest child will graduate. Next year. From high school.

          • JG Saltarrelli
            Message 5 of 11 , May 1, 2006
              Congrats.

              Jerome

              --- Captn Dan <danvaughan142@...> wrote:

              > Lorrie and I spent the afternoon at the Marina Civic
              > Center watching
              > the graduation ceremony for Florida State University
              > (Panama City
              > Campus) where our oldest daughter, Merissa, received
              > her Bachelor's
              > Degree.
              >
              > I don't understand how all this happened. First off,
              > how can we have a
              > daughter with a Bachelor's Degree at our young age?
              > ;-)
              >
              > I don't see how she could be eligible anyway...
              >
              > a. She is female. Shouldn't it be Bachelorette?
              > b. She is married.
              > c. Her parents are too young.
              >
              > ;-)
              >
              > Dan
              > Celebratory bowl of aged Escudo in an Ardor

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Jeffery Suter
              Message 6 of 11 , May 1, 2006
                LOL!

                Congrats Dan!

                Best-
                Jeff <--- way younger than my peers

                --- Captn Dan <danvaughan142@...> wrote:

                > So you were what? 55 or so when you had the first?
                >
                > I think Pipestud has been an influence on you... In
                > more ways than one.
                >
                > LOL!
                >
                > Dan
                >
                > --- In pipesmokers2@yahoogroups.com, "John
                > Offerdahl"
                > <jkofferdahl@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > You know, Dan, I never before thought about how
                > much older
                > > than Lorrie you are! Wow.
                > >
                > > Congratulations on the graduation, old man!
                > >
                > > My oldest child will graduate. Next year. From
                > high school.
                > >

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • uisqebaugh
                Message 7 of 11 , May 1, 2006
                  ROFL. Good ones.

                  Message 8 of 11 , May 1, 2006
                    By the way congratulations. Now you can stop robbing banks to help
                    finance her edumakation.

                    Captn Dan wrote:

                    > Lorrie and I spent the afternoon at the Marina Civic Center watching
                    > the graduation ceremony for Florida State University (Panama City
                    > Campus) where our oldest daughter, Merissa, received her Bachelor's
                    > Degree.
                    >
                    > I don't understand how all this happened. First off, how can we have a
                    > daughter with a Bachelor's Degree at our young age? ;-)
                    >
                    > I don't see how she could be eligible anyway...
                    >
                    > a. She is female. Shouldn't it be Bachelorette?
                    > b. She is married.
                    > c. Her parents are too young.
                    >
                    > ;-)
                    >
                    > Dan
                    > Celebratory bowl of aged Escudo in an Ardor

                  • Jud Cole
                    Message 9 of 11 , May 1, 2006
                      Congrats, Dan! I graduated #2 on Sunday myself (Illinois Wesleyan
                      University in Bloomington, Il.) 2 down, one to go.
                      JUd

                      Message 10 of 11 , May 1, 2006
                        She's already signed up for her Master's courses...

                        It never ends...

                        Dan

                        --- In pipesmokers2@yahoogroups.com, uisqebaugh <uisqebaugh@...>