Re: [Pipe smokers] Re: deer tongue

  • Robert Mack
    Message 1 of 22 , Mar 1, 2006
      Hey Joe...

      Yep that is the one I am talking about...If it doesn't have deer tongue
      that it has a leaf that burns, smells, looks, and tastes like it..

      Robert

      Joe H wrote:
      > Robert, if you're talking about Jack's Tobacco Moose Scat, which is
      > the only one I know, it does not have any deer tongue in it. If there
      > is another blend with that name, I'd like to know because Jack has the
      > copyright on the name.
      >
      > Joe H
      >
      > Robert Mack <icemncmth@...> wrote:
      > I was just looking for some because
      > "moose scat" has some in it and I was just trying to copy it..
      >
      > Robert
      > OKC,OK
      >
      > Craig wrote:
      > > My cuzin killed a 10-pointer, but I don't think he kept the tongue.
      > > If he did, I'll let you know.
      > >
      > > I've never seen the herbal kind for sale, though.
      > >
      > > Best,
      > > Craig
      > >
      > > --- In pipesmokers2@yahoogroups.com, Robert Mack wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Anyone know where I can get some...?
      > > >
      > > > Robert
      > > > OKC,OK

      > > Service .

    • Joe H
      Message 2 of 22 , Mar 1, 2006
        Robert, it doesn't have deer tongue, which has a light greenish color. I harvested every ounce of the stuff of the Moose in the back forty for nearly 5 years, and never ran across a deer. Moose, yeah, but not deer ;-)

        Joe H wrote:
        > Robert, if you're talking about Jack's Tobacco Moose Scat, which is
        > the only one I know, it does not have any deer tongue in it. If there
        > is another blend with that name, I'd like to know because Jack has the
        > copyright on the name.
        >
        > Joe H
        >
        > Robert Mack wrote:
        > I was just looking for some because
        > "moose scat" has some in it and I was just trying to copy it..
        >
        > Robert
        > OKC,OK
        >
        > Craig wrote:
        > > My cuzin killed a 10-pointer, but I don't think he kept the tongue.
        > > If he did, I'll let you know.
        > >
        > > I've never seen the herbal kind for sale, though.
        > >
        > > Best,
        > > Craig
        > >
        > > --- In pipesmokers2@yahoogroups.com, Robert Mack wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Anyone know where I can get some...?
        > > >
        > > > Robert
        > > > OKC,OK

        > > Service .

        > Service .

      • Robert Mack
        Message 3 of 22 , Mar 1, 2006
          OK...glad to know...I was just playing around with the Moose trying to
          figure out what it had
          in it...Since I have a few pounds of St James Perique ...and I have some
          blended English..and the
          like...But the Moose has something in it that I couldn't put my finger
          on and I ran across a couple of
          leaves the looked like and etc Deer Tongue ..but I am glad to know it
          doesn't have it in it..

          Now I have to put my spec's back on and look at the moose!>..LOL

          Robert

          Joe H wrote:
          > Robert, it doesn't have deer tongue, which has a light greenish
          > color. I harvested every ounce of the stuff of the Moose in the back
          > forty for nearly 5 years, and never ran across a deer. Moose, yeah,
          > but not deer ;-)
          >
          > Joe H
          >
          > Robert Mack <icemncmth@...> wrote:
          > Hey Joe...
          >
          > Yep that is the one I am talking about...If it doesn't have deer tongue
          > that it has a leaf that burns, smells, looks, and tastes like it..
          >
          > Robert
          >
          > Joe H wrote:
          > > Robert, if you're talking about Jack's Tobacco Moose Scat, which is
          > > the only one I know, it does not have any deer tongue in it. If there
          > > is another blend with that name, I'd like to know because Jack has the
          > > copyright on the name.
          > >
          > > Joe H
          > >
          > > Robert Mack wrote:
          > > I was just looking for some because
          > > "moose scat" has some in it and I was just trying to copy it..
          > >
          > > Robert
          > > OKC,OK
          > >
          > > Craig wrote:
          > > > My cuzin killed a 10-pointer, but I don't think he kept the tongue.
          > > > If he did, I'll let you know.
          > > >
          > > > I've never seen the herbal kind for sale, though.
          > > >
          > > > Best,
          > > > Craig

          > > > Service .

          > > Service .

          > Shape
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Shape&w1=Shape&w2=Order&c=2&s=22&.sig=0TSmwK78rRHXsH99tnLiXg>
          > Order
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Order&w1=Shape&w2=Order&c=2&s=22&.sig=CAu8AqL628eurA5OSZ_ygw>

        • Captn Dan
          Message 4 of 22 , Mar 1, 2006
            Hey Robert - you can get it here:

            http://www.anywitchway.com/id16.html

            Just scroll down - it's in the left-hand column. They charge $1.07 an
            ounce for it.

            Dan

            --- In pipesmokers2@yahoogroups.com, Robert Mack <icemncmth@...> wrote:

            > Anyone know where I can get some...?
            >
            > Robert
            > OKC,OK

          • Craig
            Message 5 of 22 , Mar 1, 2006
              Dan,

              Should we be more worried about you than we already are?! Are
              Brothers and Sister of the Briar spared?

              At least now I know where to get some Bladderwrack. If they only
              carried Eye of Newt!

              Best,
              Craig

              --- In pipesmokers2@yahoogroups.com, "Captn Dan" <danvaughan142@...>
              wrote:

              > Hey Robert - you can get it here:
              >
              > http://www.anywitchway.com/id16.html
              >
              > Just scroll down - it's in the left-hand column. They charge $1.07
              an
              > ounce for it.
              >
              > Dan
              >
              > --- In pipesmokers2@yahoogroups.com, Robert Mack <icemncmth@>
              wrote:

              > > Anyone know where I can get some...?
              > >
              > > Robert
              > > OKC,OK

            • Captn Dan
              Message 6 of 22 , Mar 1, 2006
                LOL!!!

                I knew Robert was having a problem finding Deertongue, so when I got
                a chance to do some serious web hunting I started exploring all the
                angles.

                Eye of Newt might be harder to find.

                Dan

                --- In pipesmokers2@yahoogroups.com, "Craig" <cdk12us@...> wrote:

                > Dan,
                >
                > Should we be more worried about you than we already are?! Are
                > Brothers and Sister of the Briar spared?
                >
                > At least now I know where to get some Bladderwrack. If they only
                > carried Eye of Newt!
                >
                > Best,
                > Craig
                >
                > --- In pipesmokers2@yahoogroups.com, "Captn Dan" <danvaughan142@>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > Hey Robert - you can get it here:
                > >
                > > http://www.anywitchway.com/id16.html
                > >
                > > Just scroll down - it's in the left-hand column. They charge
                $1.07
                > an
                > > ounce for it.
                > >
                > > Dan
                > >
                > > --- In pipesmokers2@yahoogroups.com, Robert Mack <icemncmth@>
                > wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Anyone know where I can get some...?
                > > >
                > > > Robert
                > > > OKC,OK

              • Robert Mack
                Message 7 of 22 , Mar 1, 2006
                  Yep....Deertongue is getting harder to find......It use to be used in a lot
                  of pipe tobacco....I think the problem came about when the leaves of the
                  vanilla
                  plant were being harvested to the point that the plants were not
                  producing beans...

                  Over the years A lot of blenders used small amounts of Deertongue to
                  give their
                  tobacco a small different taste...

                  Robert

                  or so I have been told ;-)

                  Message 8 of 22 , Mar 1, 2006
                    It probably doesn't smoke very well, anyway. Perhaps we could
                    commission a Group 6 bent pipe in a Cauldron shape. While we are at
                    it, we could develop some flamable "potions" with these "herbs."
                    Pipe smoking meets witchcraft!

                    wrote:

                    > LOL!!!
                    >
                    > I knew Robert was having a problem finding Deertongue, so when I
                    got
                    > a chance to do some serious web hunting I started exploring all
                    the
                    > angles.
                    >
                    > Eye of Newt might be harder to find.
                    >
                    > Dan
                    >

                    > --- In pipesmokers2@yahoogroups.com, "Craig" <cdk12us@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Dan,
                    > >
                    > > Should we be more worried about you than we already are?! Are
                    > > Brothers and Sister of the Briar spared?
                    > >
                    > > At least now I know where to get some Bladderwrack. If they
                    only
                    > > carried Eye of Newt!
                    > >
                    > > Best,
                    > > Craig
                    > >
                    > > --- In pipesmokers2@yahoogroups.com, "Captn Dan"
                    <danvaughan142@>
                    > > wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Hey Robert - you can get it here:
                    > > >
                    > > > http://www.anywitchway.com/id16.html
                    > > >
                    > > > Just scroll down - it's in the left-hand column. They charge
                    > $1.07
                    > > an
                    > > > ounce for it.
                    > > >
                    > > > Dan

                  • Captn Dan
                    Message 9 of 22 , Mar 1, 2006
                      I am pretty sure the two are already well acquainted. ;-)

                      Deertongue used to be used quite a bit, but since the flavor can be
                      synthesized, it isn't used so much any more. Better living (and
                      pipesmoking) through modern chemistry!

                      Dan

                      --- In pipesmokers2@yahoogroups.com, "Craig" <cdk12us@...> wrote:

                      > It probably doesn't smoke very well, anyway. Perhaps we could
                      > commission a Group 6 bent pipe in a Cauldron shape. While we are
                      at
                      > it, we could develop some flamable "potions" with these "herbs."
                      > Pipe smoking meets witchcraft!
                      >
                      > Craig
                      >

                      > --- In pipesmokers2@yahoogroups.com, "Captn Dan" <danvaughan142@>
                      > wrote:
                      > >
                      > > LOL!!!
                      > >
                      > > I knew Robert was having a problem finding Deertongue, so when I
                      > got
                      > > a chance to do some serious web hunting I started exploring all
                      > the
                      > > angles.
                      > >
                      > > Eye of Newt might be harder to find.
                      > >
                      > > Dan
                      > >

                      > > --- In pipesmokers2@yahoogroups.com, "Craig" <cdk12us@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > Dan,
                      > > >
                      > > > Should we be more worried about you than we already are?! Are
                      > > > Brothers and Sister of the Briar spared?
                      > > >
                      > > > At least now I know where to get some Bladderwrack. If they
                      > only
                      > > > carried Eye of Newt!
                      > > >
                      > > > Best,
                      > > > Craig
                      > > >
                      > > > --- In pipesmokers2@yahoogroups.com, "Captn Dan"
                      > <danvaughan142@>

                      > > $1.07
                      > > > an

                    • Robert Mack
                      Message 10 of 22 , Mar 1, 2006
                        Smoking + Chemistry....Ahh...reminds me of the 60's,70's and 80's!!!!!!!!!!!

                        Robert

                        Message 11 of 22 , Mar 1, 2006
                          LMAO!!!!

                          I think there is still a bit of that activity going on...

                          wrote:

                          > Smoking + Chemistry....Ahh...reminds me of the 60's,70's and
                          80's!!!!!!!!!!!

                          > Robert
                          >
                          > Captn Dan wrote:
                          > > I am pretty sure the two are already well acquainted. ;-)
                          > >
                          > > Deertongue used to be used quite a bit, but since the flavor can
                          be
                          > > synthesized, it isn't used so much any more. Better living (and
                          > > pipesmoking) through modern chemistry!
                          > >
                          > > Dan
                          > >

                          > > --- In pipesmokers2@yahoogroups.com, "Craig" <cdk12us@> wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > It probably doesn't smoke very well, anyway. Perhaps we could
                          > > > commission a Group 6 bent pipe in a Cauldron shape. While we
                          are
                          > > at
                          > > > it, we could develop some flamable "potions" with
                          these "herbs."
                          > > > Pipe smoking meets witchcraft!
                          > > >
                          > > > Craig
                          > > >

                          > > > --- In pipesmokers2@yahoogroups.com, "Captn Dan"
                          <danvaughan142@>

                          > > > got
                          > > > the

                          Are

                          > > > only

                          > > > <danvaughan142@>

                          > > Shape
                          > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                          t=ms&k=Shape&w1=Shape&w2=Order&c=2&s=22&.sig=0TSmwK78rRHXsH99tnLiXg>
                          > > Order
                          > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                          t=ms&k=Order&w1=Shape&w2=Order&c=2&s=22&.sig=CAu8AqL628eurA5OSZ_ygw>

                          subject=Unsubscribe>

                          ------

                        • uisqebaugh
                          Message 12 of 22 , Mar 2, 2006
                            Mummified bat and a scoop of graveyard dirt are pretty easy, though.

                            Captn Dan wrote:

                            > LOL!!!
                            >
                            > I knew Robert was having a problem finding Deertongue, so when I got
                            > a chance to do some serious web hunting I started exploring all the
                            > angles.
                            >
                            > Eye of Newt might be harder to find.
                            >
                            > Dan

                          • Brian McKenna
                            Message 13 of 22 , Mar 13, 2006
                              Call C&D they'll sell you some deer tongue