Re: [Pipe smokers] Danish Sovereign.

  • Steve Fallon
    Message 1 of 68 , Feb 1, 2006
      The Royal Danish is a Stanwell line that is partially blasted and
      partially smooth. The Royal Danish Sovereign is a Stanwell line that is
      smooth. Stanwell does not call these "seconds" per se, but just another
      line of pipes they produce that are not as expensive as those with the
      Stanwell name. I've never seen any X's on any of the Danish Sovereign
      pipes I have owned and sold.

      Best,
      Pipestud

      --- In pipesmokers2@yahoogroups.com, c g stevens <azwind1@j...> wrote:

      > ????
      > I stand corrected; Legend; Colonial; and Majestic are different finish
      > styles; I am looking at my Stanwell collection; with a magnifying
      glass
      > as I write this; and I see no XXX anywhere; so I quess they are not
      > seconds; or you mean; the Danish Sovereign has the XXX's. Isn't the
      > Danish Royal also a Stanwell second ??
      >
      > STEVE
      > DESERT DWELLER

    • Jud Cole